𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. pathetic jiho

─── chapter thirteen.
❛ PATHETIC JIHO ❜

THERE ARE MANY THINGS PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO

THERE ARE MANY THINGS PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO. for some it might be booze, smoking, drugs — things that people consumed in order to relieve themselves. other people are addicted to feelings; adrenaline, pleasure, emotions that fuel them.

for jiho park, it was illegal gambling.

no matter how much he'd spend, gain, or waste, his mind could never stop thinking of the next thing he'd do in order to get money to gamble.

deok-su felt despair just by watching his sullen figure, eyes sunken beneath his square frames, dragging himself to school like a sack of bones.

every day, he'd arrive worse than before — jiho's face was so gaunt that his cheekbones jutted out and his once baby fat she'd and left hollowness around his features, lips so chapped they bled every time he picked at them.

it was honestly not too much of a surprise for deok-su, who'd watched the boy often follow those that he saw benefit from, only to be trampled into the dirt by their feet.

an addiction was not a pretty thing.

deok-su was not prone to feeling sympathy for anyone who walked into their own demise. he didn't care whether someone he didn't know ruined themselves due to trusting the wrong people.

the sentiment was not equally shared, however, when it came to his sister. and unfortunately for deok-su, deok-ja always found herself in the wrong situation.

every single time.

UPON SEEING A FAMILIAR GROUP INSIDE THE STORE, deok-ja tried turning back and walking out of the building, only for her to catch sight of a certain nerdy looking boy sobbing his eyes out.

sympathetic gazes skimmed over his figure as some patted his back. deok-ja's nose crinkled at the sight of mud and dried blood coating jiho's almost naked body.

"deok-ja?" daniel called out for the dark haired teen in surprise, tilting his head at her appearance.

unable to leave quietly, deok-ja walked over to them, leaving her umbrella on the store floor and lowering her hood.

"what's going on?" she asked, everting her eyes from the mess that was jiho.

the girl ignored crystal completely, who was standing a few feet away with her eyes on the two nerds. zoe, who seemed slightly less worried at her arrival, bounded over and attached herself to deok-ja's arm.

"...illegal gambling?" the architecture department student raised a brow as little daniel finished explaining. her eyes momentarily flickered to crystal, who looked to be contemplating something.

"don't call the cops yet." she finally spoke up, timidly approaching deok-ja with. hopeful expression.

"could you call him for me?" crystal asked, shakily meeting her gaze. in her shorter body, she had to crane her neck to look up at deok-ja, which certainly didn't help quell the murderous aura surrounding the taller of the two.