𝐈𝐈. mistakes

─── chapter two.
❛ MISTAKES ❜

SLEEP, or more accurately lack of, hung off deok-su's eyes as he and his sister walked through the path of hell (more commonly known as the school gates)

last night's surprise appearance left a funny feeling in his mouth and a knot in his stomach. he couldn't even bring himself to swallow his breakfast (deok-ja ate it for him).

"you can skip school, you know." deok-ja hummed as she steadied her brother before he tripped over his own shoelace. "breaking a few rules won't kill you."

"i'll just take a nap. the teacher's hardly in the classroom anyway." deok-su replied.

"i'll walk you." she offered, shooting a glance to the architecture department door. "it's too early in the morning to listen to those dumbasses."

deok-su only yawned and leaned against his sister for support.

to the teen's immediate discomfort, he was greeted by loud chatter the moment he slid open the door.

"yesterday zack beat up some convenience store piggy. it's his nude pic!" some long faced goon laughed loudly.

deok-su paused at the front on the room, seeing someone sitting atop his desk. all of a sudden the thought of placing his head down for a nap on the same surface sounded like a punishment.

"where's your desk?" deok-ja asked, ignoring the loudness for the sake of her sanity.

"next to that kid wearing a tub of hair gel." he muttered.

deok-ja, catching her brother's obvious inner turmoil, shouldered through the crowd and slammed a hand on deok-su's desk, effectively earning the class's attention.

"no, i can't see... gross!"

"as a boxer..."

"pigs are born from pigs..."

and all other conversation was cut off, their focus on the dark haired girl. deok-su, grateful for the distraction, leaned against the wall and watched with interest.

"you guys are so fucking loud. did you have fun beating an innocent kid?" she snarled, and suddenly everyone took notice of the insignia printed on her grey coveralls.

when her piercing eyes landing on deok-su's seatmate, she raised an eyebrow.

"i can see why that girl doesn't like you back." deok-ja scoffed, and sent a withering stare that sent the kid atop her brother's desk scrambling.

as she passed by deok-su, deok-ja gave him an encouraging nudge.

"problem solved." she grinned up at him, grabbing a wrapped piece of bubblegum from her pocket and placing it in his blazer pocket before popping a piece in her mouth.