𝐗𝐕𝐈. the princess & the frogs

─── chapter sixteen.
❛ THE PRINCESS
& THE FROGS ❜

IF THERE WAS ONE, very stark, difference between kil deok-ja and kil deok-su, it would be the ability to keep their feelings in check

IF THERE WAS ONE, very stark, difference between kil deok-ja and kil deok-su, it would be the ability to keep their feelings in check. deok-ja was a bomb waiting to detonate — deok-su was a predator calmly waiting and watching his prey.

that was one of the things chairman choi quite admired about deok-su. he was one of the only pawns at his display that actually thought before acting. deok-su was not wild like goo, or got off a fight-high like gun. he was not deceptive like eugene and the workers, nor was he completely reserved and closed off like DG.

deok-su was in a caliber of his own. a quiet beast with retractable claws, hidden in plain sight and just waiting patiently for his prey to land in his trap. the only problem was, he was almost entirely impossible to get ahold of.

chairman choi would empty his entire bank account before kil deok-su ever agreed to become a part of his group — and, of course, a part of the ten geniuses. however, there was always one variable that could coax the teen into giving in for a small amount of time, and that would be his twin sister, kil deok-ja.

undoubtably the fool in the family, deok-ja was easy to sway — especially where money is involved — much more than deok-su would ever be. so chairman choi played on her downfall, her greed towards what she couldn't get enough of, and pointed it like a weaponized canon to her brother, who could not deny the safety of his little sister.

and when presented with the choice of having to do the one thing he abhorred (fighting) with the people he despised most in the world (gun and goo), or having his sister do it in his stead, the choice was rather simple.

he'd have to suck up smelling expensive fumes and seeing hideously pricey clothes that looked disgustingly nice and fitted for a few hours. oh, the lengths he would go to for his little sister.

she really owes him a relaxing summer vacation.

‎ ‎

‎ ‎
WITH THE PROMISE OF A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS, deok-su moodily stood outside the padlocked warehouse within ARU ENT, tapping his foot on the floor impatiently.

the black and blonde duo were running 'fashionably' late‎, and the teen, clad in his baggiest clothes, hoodie over his tousled
hair, was growing increasingly frustrated. i mean, how long does it take to kick some ass so he can go home?

deok-su supposed both older teens had to give the heaps of hair gel stacked on their heads sufficient time to dry before it became barbie ken-like quality.

with the longest eye roll his heavy and tired eyes could manage, deok-su sighed heavily and leaned into the door, listening to the intermingling yells on the other side. from what he had heard, somebody was being threatened and the other — five, from what he could hear — voices were protesting against it.