𝐈𝐗. spare my hands

─── chapter nine.
❛ SPARE MY HANDS ❜

WHEN SOMEONE PICTURES THE TERM 'DEATH TRAP', surely the image of a bus wouldn't pop up

WHEN SOMEONE PICTURES THE TERM 'DEATH TRAP', surely the image of a bus wouldn't pop up. for deok-su, as he was dragged into the vehicle by people he hardly knew, it was exactly the sort of thing he'd categorize as a 'death trap'.

seriously, does personal space mean nothing to these people?

"deok-su, come play with us!" yui chimed in as they huddled around each other.

despite the bespectacled (now with a thick piece of tape in the middle to hold his glasses together over his bruised nose) teen's initial struggle to find a seat as far away from them as posible, he couldn't manage it as they dragged him to a seat near the back.

he sat next to zack, who shot deok-su glances every few minutes. he acted like he didn't notice, but the eyes constantly on him made him grow irritated (though not irritated enough to ask, deok-su would rather just completely avoid conversation than fall right into it).

"no thanks." he murmured, crossing his arms and leaning towards the window in an attempt to make some distance between him and zack, who was man spreading as though there were nobody else beside him.

in the end, he somehow managed to become entangled in their little game of slapping hands and shit. honestly, why was he forced to be at the retreat anyway? couldn't the school look the other way for a poor, good-hearted kid like deok-su in order for him to get some well needed time alone?

deok-ja would scoff at him if he ever said this out loud, so the thoughts were confined for deok-su and his mind only.

"oh! finally mira's out!" a goon laughed, pointing at the wide eyed brunette. "deok-su, slap her hands!"

deok-su looked away uncomfortably at mira's puppy-like face, instead to the red hands of the guys around him.

"he brutally slapped our hands, so you have to do the same to her! no holding back!" another agreed, rubbing his hands.

"but i held back for you too..." he sighed quietly before raising his hands in preparation.

zack looked ready to faint as he noticed deok-su's eyes flash and his hands plummet downwards. mira held her breath and awaited the flash of pain to follow, but was surprised at how deok-su only gently tapped her hands with disinterest.

"hey!"

"deok-ja would strangle me if i hit her friend." he said simply, making mira smile.

"how could you spare her hands and not ours?" another goon said in betrayal.

"you guys weren't there when we went to get zack's shoes." yui hummed, her eyes landing on deok-su, who awkwardly avoided eye contact. "sparing you is an understatement."

the people who weren't present shared a confused look, shrugging to themselves.

"i'm going to take a nap." deok-su muttered when all the attention diverted back to him, trying to play it off cool. with a scarred, hesitant hand, he tugged zack's shirt to avoid touching him. "wake me up when we get there, please."