𝐗. strangers

─── chapter ten.
❛ STRANGERS ❜

DEOK-SU HAD AN IRRATIONAL FEAR OF BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION

DEOK-SU HAD AN IRRATIONAL FEAR OF BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION. it wasn't exactly a fear, per se, but an uncomfortableness that lodged itself like a stone in his throat.

he didn't know if other people liked it, but for him, it was absolute torture. deok-su heard the classroom's malicious stares and taunting gazes as if it were his first day back at school, only this time they were directed at a familiar short girl standing at the front of the classroom.

after introducing herself as crystal choi, deok-su did his utter best to deflect her obvious stares in his direction. he knew the girl wasn't stupid enough to make a scene, so he prayed he could find a way to avoid her for as long as possible.

apparently, zack wasn't particularly gentlemanly enough to leave an obviously conflicted deok-su alone so he could gather his thoughts in peace.

"deok-su, wipe my nose." zack asked as he jutted his face up, leaning towards the bespectacled teen beside him. protruding from his nostril was a thin line of mucus slowly inching towards his lips.

following the events of the retreat, the boxer had been considerably clingier to deok-su, making the boy work as his personal caretaker when mira wasn't around (and frankly, the girl hardly went near zack anymore after the first week of dealing with his bullshit — deok-su couldn't blame her, he'd do the exact thing if he could).

this left deok-su in quite the situation, where he ended up being forced into doing everything zack wished in order to relieve the small prick of guilt in the back of his conscience.

"gross." deok-ah muttered in response, but brought a pack of tissues from out of his backpack and gently held it against zack's nose so he could blow into it.

secretly, he was glad for the distraction (although not for the boogers he'd have to wash off his hands) zack gave him.

"wait a second." deok-su paused as he threw the used tissue into the trash can placed conveniently behind him, shooting zack a glare. "your fingers are perfectly fine."

the boxer grinned slyly, shrugging.

"do you want me to break them for you? since you're clearly not using them." he added in a deadpan, making the smile on zack's face freeze.

"oh, look! my fingers are working again, haha!" he laughed nervously.

a small scoff left deok-su's lips, but then they twisted upwards into a small smile. this kind of attention, whether he acknowledged it or not,

was kind of okay.

WALKING HOME HAD ALWAYS TAKEN TWO. deok-ja and deok-su, deok-su and deok-ja only. maybe the occasional separation once or twice, but they always ended up together in the end.