𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. the blind date fiasco

─── chapter twenty three.
❛ THE BLIND DATE FIASCO ❜

BEFORE EITHER DEOK-JA AND VASCO HAD GONE OFF TO TRAIN OR RUN AWAY TO VISIT CONVICTS FROM THEIR FORMER GANG, the members of burn knuckles had been presented with an insurmountable challenge

vasco had been curved by his blind date before it even began. and everyone knew that rejecting vasco meant rejecting the whole of burn knuckles, and there was absolutely no way they were going to fall victim to blind date ditchers.

so jace came up with a foolproof plan. it involved getting vasco to believe the date was still going on, and substituting his actual date with kil deok-ja. jace park was a genius! the plan was foolproof!  all he needed was deok-ja's approval, which should be easy enough —

"no." the girl bluntly answered, crossing her arms over her chest as she glared up at the big-eared boy from her seat in the back corner of the classroom.

"but —!" the rest of the higher ranked members of bnc sputtered, muttering their pleas.

"you guys are gonna break that poor idiot's heart." she scoffed, popping a piece of gum into her mouth.

"his heart would be even more broken if he arrives to his blind date and sees he's been ditched!" mason hwang argued, crossing his weirdly shaded arms over his chest.

deok-ja pondered the offer for a moment, tapping her finger to her chin. "i guess i can do you guys a favor..."

they brightened.

"...if you clean this shithole and learn basic hygiene." she added.

they dimmed, but nodded begrudgingly. curse kil deok-ja for wanting to get rid of the manly musk of the architecture classroom.

‎WHEN IT CAME TIME FOR SELF STUDY, which, for the architecture students was simultaneously always and never, deok-ja payed a visit to the fashion department.

upon entering the room, she was met with curious glances, but she payed them no mind as she approached mira and zoe.

"i have a date today." she told them stiffly, and regretted it almost immediately as they burst into excited squeals.

"you too? is it dating season for the burn knuckles or what? vasco's also got a date today." zack interrupted from his seat beside deok-su, his grin teasing.

"he's the one i'm going on a date with." she said bluntly, and deok-su almost choked on his water.

zack stared at her as though she'd grown two heads. "you? and him? really?"

"his blind date bailed on him so i decided to help a friend out." deok-ja shrugged. "he just doesn't know that."

"this is great!" zoe cheered, grabbing hold of deok-ja's arm. "after school, meet me and mira by the gate and we'll go to my house and get you ready!"