CHAPTER 3: Dinner at home

As I was going home, I felt somebody staring at me. It was becoming dark so I had to rush a bit faster to get home. I couldn't feel safe far from my home ever since I heard for what had happened.
My two eyes became four, so yeah, I became more careful.
The tail of my right eye caught a shadow-like thing moving towards me. I immediately turned my head around, but I didn't see anyone.

"Well that's strange!" I thought.

I began to walk faster than usually. One of the things I did was that I pulled out my phone, made an alarm to ring within a minute and put it back in my pocket. The alarm sound turned on which was the same as the ringtone when someone calls me. I picked it up and pretended like I was talking to my father.

"Yeah dad, I'm coming, I'll be home within a minute. Don't worry, everything's fine!..."

The reason I said that I'll be home within a minute was so that the stranger would think that I'm very close to my home. Surprisingly it worked! I couldn't see him no more. I felt a lot better.
.............

Finally, I got to my house, happy that I was still in one piece.

*Opened the door*

"Mom, dad, I'm home!" I said.

"What took you so long?" my father asked.

I didn't want them to be worried so I said: "I lost track of time, sorry, won't happen again!"

"Come sit, you must be hungry." my mom said.

In fact, after what happened, I lost my appetite but I joined anyways.

"How was your day?" my father asked me.

"It was great" I replied "I even made a friend".

"Well done" my mom said "How were the professors?"

"They were good, but I haven't got to know all of them yet!" I said.

"You've gotta be careful son! There's a murderer in this city. Don't talk to strangers and stay away from them, got it?" my dad was being responsible for me.

"I know about the murderer" I told him "His name is Sheldon, isn't it?"

I could see how shocked my father was, he even said: "How do you know this?"

"I asked a police officer and he told me but don't worry dad, I'm always careful." I replied.

After we ate dinner I went straight to bed, exhausted.
"Tomorrow's a new day!" I said to myself, and then I closed my eyes and fell asleep.