CHAPTER 15: Time waits for no one!

The night became day. The quiet city became noisy again.
I was sitting next to Natalie, while the sunlight was penetrating the window and falling on my face.
There was an unpleasant noise that woke me up.
The sound was going like beep for too long.
After I woke up, I saw in the monitor that Natalie's pulse was gone, her hands were cold and she wasn't breathing.
I got scared and started calling to the nurses.

"NURSE!" I yelled.

Our parents who were waiting out of the room woke up in panic.

"Trustin is everything okay?" my parents asked me.

"She... she isn't breathing!" I said as my eyes were barely holding my tears.

Her parents heard me and immediately got inside her room.
I went as well and saw the nurses who were giving her the CPR.
I was standing there, at the door, not being able to do anything.

"Give me some adrenaline. QUICK!" the nurse told to her assistant.

She injected the adrenaline to Natalie and went on with the heart massage.
Still nothing! The beep sound would go on and her pulse didn't come back.

The nurse turned to her parents and said:
"I'm sorry for your loss!"

Natalie's parents started crying. I only stood there, silent, as the tears would come out of my eyes.

A man who was walking past me, bumped on me accidentally.

"Sorry young kid!" he said as he was leaving.

I turned my head to the right and saw that it was just a doctor.
After some minutes they sent Natalie's body to the morg.
.................................
It was about 12 o'clock, and we were standing at the graveyard. It was Natalie's funeral. The girl I loved, passed away.
They brought the coffin and put it inside the grave. They started to cover the coffin with dirt.
I couldn't believe what just happened. I used to say to her that everything's gonna be okay, but it turned out the other way.
It was all my fault. If I never spoke to her, she'd be walking, talking, just like everyone else, but instead, she's now sleeping forever.

"Something must have happened!" I thought with myself, "How could she die just because she didn't eat dinner? There's gotta be something going on!"

After those thoughts came to my mind, I went to check in the hospital, at the same room where she was laying down.
I knew where to look. I took the trash can and started looking there carefully. There was an empty needle.

"I knew it!" I said with low voice.

I even sneaked carefully inside the room where all the documents of the patients were kept. I knew it was illegal, but I had to know the cause of her death.
I kept searching and searching untill I finally found it.
I opened the file and found out that the cause of her death was poisoning!

"Sheldon, I swear that if this was one of your doings then I'm going to send you in front of justice myself." I said.

Then, I carefully got out of the hospital, unseen.
After I got home, I received a text message from Kevin. He said that he was sorry for what has happened and he asked me if I'm okay.
I told to him that I'm not alright, after all, the girl that I loved was gone, how could I possibly feel better?
Even tho the wounds heal as the time passes by, the scars remain.

After that day I only had one and one mission only, to find out who this Sheldon really is.
I will do it even if that's the last thing what I'm going to do.
If I want to tell to the police about Sheldon, I'd make sure that the suspicious officer isn't present.

I skipped school and went to the police station. I asked for permission to speak with Sheriff Johnson. I got to his office and told him all about what has happened.

"Why are you doing this?" Sheriff Johnson asked me.

"Because someone has got away from me the person who meant the world to me." I replied, "And I wont stop until I find out who has done it!"

"So, this girl... Natalie, was your girlfriend?" he asked me.

"Yes, she was." I replied.

"I guess we have some things in common." he said, "We both have lost the person who brought meaning into our lives." he said as he was looking at a picture.

"Was she your wife sir?" I asked him.

"Yes, she was." he replied, "She was my everything. One evening as I was coming home from my work I noticed the ambulance near my house. After I got close enough, I saw my wife as they were getting her on the ambulance. They sent her in the hospital, but she never recovered due to her blood loss. She had a lot of knife cuts. Since that day, I'm still trying to find out who has done it."

"Any suspects?" I asked.

"Sheldon is the one who could be part of it. After all, I saw a black coated man jumping off the roof of the building and running away. He seemed to be exactly like Sheldon." he replied.

"I don't know when, but one day I'll find the answer of this riddle." I said to him as I was getting up, "Goodbye sir, have a great day." I said to him.

"And you too as well!" he said to me, "Ey kid!"

I turned around and looked at him.

"Be careful!" he said.

"Of course!" I replied.

I went home and decided to write down everything that has happened. I listened all of the suspects and the reasons why they were on this list.
As I was standing up in my room, I noticed through the window that Natalie's parents were getting in the car.
I went downstairs and got outside to see what was going on.

"Good evening sir, good evening ma'am!" I said to them, "What's going on?".

"We decided to move." Natalie's father replied.

"It was good to know you Trustin!" Natalie's mother said.

"Goodnight Trustin!" they both greeted me.

"Goodnight!" I said to them.

I went home and ate dinner, even though my appetite was gone, but I knew I had to remain strong so that I could find out who did that to her.