CHAPTER 6: A scary hangout with my friend

It was finally Saturday. Every student was filled with joy for the fact that we could finally take a rest from school.
I don't know if I'm the only one or are there others as well who during weekends wake up way too early. I hate it when that happens.
So, yeah! I woke up and looked at the clock. The time wasn't even 7 am.

"Ooohhh come on! Really?! I was going to sleep until 10 am. Good enough that at least I'm not feeling tired!" I said as I was getting up and becoming ready to start the day.

I went downstairs and sat at the living room, watching TV.
Not even three minutes passed by when my mom suddenly came down. She wasn't very surprised for me waking up because this happens to me every weekend.

"I see you've woken up earlier today." my mom said to me, "Did you have a good sleep?"

"Oh yeah! I had a very comfortable sleep." I replied, "What about you?" I asked her.

"Well, I would sleep better if it wasn't for your father snoring." she said it in a funny way smiling.
I smiled back.

"Do you have any plans for today?" my mom asked me.

"No, not really." I replied.
............................
The time went to 12 am o'clock, and the doorbell rang.

"Who is it this time?" I was thinking with myself.

"COMING!" I shouted as I was aproaching to the door. I opened it and for my surprise it was Kevin.

"Hello Trustin!" he said.

"Hello Kevin!" I replied to him, "What's new?" I asked him.

"Would you like to hang out? You know, since it's weekend." he asked.

"Sure! Just let me ask my mom reall quick." I replied to him.

"OK!" he said.

"Hey mom! Can I hangout with Kevin?" I asked her.

"Uh, yeah sure, why not?" she said to me.

"Thanks mom!" I said and told Kevin that I'm coming.

"Bye mom!" I said as I was getting out the house.

"Bye sweetheart!" she said to me.
..........................
I asked Kevin where we were going and then he told me that we were going to play basketball with some of his friends.

"Are they good at it?" I asked him.

"Are they GOOD at it? Brooo, they rock at basketball." he replied, "Do you know how to play?" he asked me.

"I'm not that good at it, but I know some moves. I've gotta warn you tho, that my accuracy is not that good." I replied.

"We shall see!" Kevin said.

"Yup!" I said.

Soon we arrived at a park where we were able to play lots of sports, including basketball as well. There were a bunch of teenagers there, waiting for us.

"Eyooo, what's up my dudes?" Kevin said to them and started high five-ing them.
"I want you to meet my new friend, Trustin." he said while looking at me.

I looked at him first and then turned to them and said "Hello everyone!"

"Welcome Trustin!" one of them said to me.

"So, how are we teaming up?" Kevin asked, "I want Trustin in my team." he said to them.

After that we seperated into two teams. I've gotta say that it was one of the best games I've played my entire life, at least the first part of the game.
The reason why it's that is because one of them passed me the ball, but I didn't know what to do. I tried to score but I missed. What's the worse part is that while trying to get past one of them I stepped on my shoe lace and felt on the ground with my face. Well, to be honest, that hurt but not more then the other's laugh, which was the reason for me to leave the game and get back home.
...............................................

I didn't notice how long I've been outside untill it started darkening.
"Oh sh*t, gotta get home faster!" I thought with myself.
While I was walking as fast as I could, I heard a scream. I was shocked and I wanted to find out what was happening.
"Maybe someone needs my help!" I was thinking.
With no hesitation whatsoever, I quickly started running at the direction of the sound's source.
What I didn't know was that I was gonna be a witness to a crime.
As I was following the screams, I noticed that I had to take a turn to the right, a path that got me at a narrow street.
The voices became clearer.

"Please man, don't do this, please don't!" a man was talking out loud.

I slightly peeked and what I saw, shocked me. A black coated tall man, with a black hat and a pair of black gloves was holding the person who was screaming by his throat.

"Sheldon!" I thought with myself.

"Cold or hot?" Sheldon asked his victim.

"Wh- wh- what?" the man said.

"Imma go with hot." Sheldon said as he pulled out his gun with a silencer on it. He aimed the gun on his targets head and shot him.

I saw it all! The brains and the blood of the victim flew on my direction, but luckily I was like 15-20 metres away, otherwise I would throw out.
But still, the victims death shocked me that I almost screamed. Great job for putting my hands on my mouth.
But still Sheldon somehow managed to notice me and turned his head to my direction and saw me! I couldn't move due to the intense fear I had within. I could feel my heart as it started beating harder than ever. Sheldon started chasing me. Luckily I am a fast runner. I began to run as much as I could.
Thinking that I managed to run away from him, I turned my head back to see rather I've escaped from him or not. I couldn't see him, so I stopped and started breathing heavily.

"Damn you're fast!" a voice came into my ears.
I turned around and saw him, my new nightmare. He was holding his knife on his hands.
"Is this it?" I thought, "But I'm too young to die, like come on, 16 years old is quite young."
"Are you going to kill me?" I asked him with a lot of difficulties in speaking, due to the fear that was still present.

"I'm still thinking of what I shall do to you!" he responded as he came closer, putting his knife on my throat. "You know, you've seen too much. Normally I wouldn't kill you, but you've said to one of the officers that you'd tell them whatever you find out about me."

"I've messed it up, haven't I?" I said with a little smile.

"You've no idea!" he responded. "But..." he took away his knife and stepped back a little, "we can make an acception this time, since you're a teenager. On one condition only: You know NOTHING! Got it? You know nothing! One wrong move and you're dead!"

"Okay sir, thank you!" I replied.

"Now, go home back to your family, and don't get outside so lately!" he said.

"OKAY!" I said, as I started running faster than ever.

"Damn that was close!" I thought with myself.
I got home safe and sound, with no appetite.
I lied to my mom and dad for what I've been out soo late and fell straight to bed, trying to forget what happened today!