CHAPTER 11: Finally weekend!

This friday was a bit more interesting than the other days. I got up in the morning and as I was eating breakfast, I received a message in Snapchat. It was Natalie.
She was asking when I was going to school. I told her that I'd be leaving my house in about 10 minutes.
She said she wanted to go to school together.
After finishing my breakfast and becoming ready for school, I got out and closed the front door.
I saw Natalie. She was waiting for me.
I felt good. At least David wasn't around to get between us or harm any or both of us.
As I was aproaching to her, she started smiling.

"Hello Trustin!" she said.

"Hi Nat!" I replied.

"How are you feeling today?" she asked me.

"Good, good!" I replied, "What about you?".

"Great!" she replied.

We started walking to school together. It was like the longest journey we ever had. I was curious to know how she really felt about me, but I was also shy and scared, so I didn't say anything.
Her brown eyes would stare at me, making me burn within myself.
We'd talk about the lessons we've learned in school and about our ordinary lives.
As we came near the traffic lights, we faced a little bit of danger. She wasn't careful enough and thus, she didn't notice that it was a red light for us.
A car was speeding, almost killing her. Fortunately I grabbed her by her backpack and saved her life.
The car passed by us so fast.

"Oh my!" she said, while being in shock, "You saved me!".

"Be careful next time!" I advised her.

"How can I thank you?" she asked.

My face turned a bit red.
"Just a thank you is enough." I replied.

"Thank you Trustin!" she said.

"No problem!" I replied.

What was a bit strange is that the car was black, just like David's car.
"Could it be him?" my mind would think, since I didn't see any faces due to the fact that the windows were closed and black.
Anyways, we went to school all safe and sound.
We even saw Kevin waiting for us at the usual spot.
He approached to us and greeted us.

"Hello guys!" Kevin said.

"Hi Kevin!" Nat and I said at the same time.

"Woah, chill!" Kevin said, "You've just met and now you're becoming like twins?"

"What? No!" me and Nat responded again at the same time.
We turned at each other and our four eyes would stare into each other's eyes. We both turned a bit red.

"Really?" we said again at the same time. The tension was increasing.

"Ok, you talk first!" we were talking at the same time and with the same words.

This time I didn't speak and just smiled at her a little bit, and so did she.

"Oh well..." I said, "This was funny!"

The bell rang and so we got into our classroom.
We had poetry, but then professor Thomas entered our classroom.

"Good morning professor!" we all said as we stood up.

"Good morning class!" he replied.

I thought that he has entered our classroom by mistake. That's what I thought untill professor Thomas said:
"Today I shall be your substitute professor, since professor Stiven is absent for today."

I was a bit sad, like c'mon man! This was the class where I could express my talent. Without professor Stiven how are we even going to do it.

"So, poetry, huh?" professor Thomas said, "I think we shall do this class even better. What do you think? he asked us.

"Professor, in what way can we make it better?" a girl asked.

Professor Thomas smiled and then he replied:
"I'm talking about song lyrics. Yeah! I know that nowadays your generation listens to a lot of songs. How about we start sharing some of our favourite song lyrics? Whatever genre you want; rap, hip hop, kpop, it doesn't matter."

The class agreed to do so.

"Okay then, who's starting first?" professor Thomas asked.

Kevin was looking at me, trying to encourage me. I nodded my head in such a way to tell him that I'm not doing that. So eventually, Kevin raised his hand.

"Yes Kevin?" professor Thomas asked.

Kevin started reciting:
"Brain cells are lit. Ideas start to hit. Next the formation of words that fit
at the table I sit, making it legit
and when my pen hits the paper."

"Wow, that's amazing Kevin." professor Thomas said.

Natalie leaned over to her right, aproaching to me and said: "I think you should say some lyrics too."

"You think so?" I asked her.

"Yeah!" she replied.

My mind went straight to Eminem's songs. I decided to pick some of his lyrics.
I raised up my hand and professor Thomas noticed me.

"Go on Trustin!" he said.

Then I started reciting:
"We walk this road together
Through the storm,
Whatever the weather
Cold or warm
Just letting you know that
You're not alone
Holla if you feel like
You been down the same road."

"Aahhh, Eminem!" professor Thomas said amazed, "Nice choice!".

After that, some other students recited other lyrics and eventually the bell rang. As we were going to eat lunch, during the way there, I noticed the door of an office opened.

"Hey guys, go on, I'll catch you soon!" I said to Nat and Kevin.

"Okay bro!" Kevin said.

I entered inside the office and on the table there were some opened envelopes. Once I got closer to the table I recognized it. It was the same envelope that the postman has given to professor Thomas. The letter which was folded inside the envelope was unfolded and so, I decided to read it.
It was a letter from his wife apparently. It seems like professor Thomas has been transferred to our school for a period of time.
As I was reading because of my curiosity, I heard a cough behind my back. I knew it was professor Thomas.

"Has anybody told you to never touch other's stuff!" he said to me.

"Sorry sir, I just saw the door opened and wondered if you're alright. I got in here and..." before I could finish professor Thomas said:
"As you can see I'm fine, now give me that!" he got the letter away from my hands, "Get out of my office, NOW!"

"Yes sir!" I replied as I left the office offended. But it was my fault tho, for looking at his personal stuff.

I got to eat lunch with Kevin and Nat. They both told me that I picked the best lyrics.
After a period of time we finally started going home. I was walking with Nat and we were talking to each other about today's events.
Soon I arrived at my house, but I wanted to walk with Nat to her house and so I did. After we arrived at her house I greeted her.

"Goodnight Nat!" I said.

"Goodnight Trustin!" she said and then, she hugged me.
I was so surprised that I didn't know what to do. I just stood there like a statue instead of hugging her as well. She left then and so I went to my house. I ate dinner and went to bed. Finally the weekend came again!