CHAPTER 7: A different Monday.

What happened after that day was that I never really spoke about it.
I was too scared to tell to the others what happened.
"If I tell the others about what has happened, they will be in danger!" I was thinking.
Also, Kevin texted me, saying that he was sorry for how bad his friends behaved.
I told him that it was alright, even tho I still was a bit angry.
Now, the monday came and I had to start school again.
I got up from the clock alarm and started preparing myself for school.
I went downstairs and ate breakfast.
This time my mom and dad had to work both for the morning shift, so, I was home alone.
After I ate breakfast, I tied my sneakers and closed the main door.
As I was walking to school, I'd turn my head back, just to make sure that Sheldon isn't trying to kill me again.
David passed by with his car, pulled over and asked if I want a ride to school.

"No, thank you!" I rejected his offer.

"Okay then!" he said.

He closed the window and hunched it, as much as even the tires left smoke behind.
I couldn't get in that car, since I couldn't be naive, not anymore.
..............
After I finally entered the school's yard, I saw Kevin.
He came towards me, happy to see me.

"Eyoo, dude! How are you?" he asked.

"Good man," I replied, "what about you?" I asked him.

"Good, good!" he replied.

We entered the classroom and became prepared to start our biology class. The bell rang and professor Thomas entered the classroom.
We all got up and said:
"Good morning professor!"

"Good morning class!" he replied, "Sit down!"

We all sat down and remained quiet.
Professor Thomas got up and told to us:
"Today a new student will enter this class and she has prepared a presentation about cells."
"Come in!" he said while looking at the opened door of the classroom.
Then, a pretty girl entered our classroom. Her hair was black, and her eyes were dark brown like a dark chocolate.
She started to present her project about the cells, but while she was doing that she'd only look at our professor. After she was done with her presentation, she sat at the second desk at the right side, near the door, while I was sitting at the left side near the corner.
My eyes were at her.
I noticed that professor Thomas was explaining something about the cell, but my attention wasn't at him.
He noticed that as well, so he questioned me:
"Trustin, what does the cell need in order to burn glucose?"
Fortunately I was good at biology, so I answered:
"It needs oxygen."

"That's correct, but next time pay attention here please!" he said.

"Yes sir!" I responded while the tail of my eye caught the new girl staring at me. I could even feel myself turning a bit red.

The bell rang and the professor dismissed us. I went with Kevin and told him what I was feeling about the new girl.

"O my, for real?" he asked.

"Yeah!" I replied, "She seems soo cute."

"Why don't you go and talk to her?" he asked.

"Dude are you kidding me?" I said, "She's just entered our class and you want me to express my feelings? Well, not today!"

"Okay dude, you know it!" he said.

As we were eating lunch, I saw her walking by. I stared as her as she passed by, to go and join the other girls of the class.

"Why are you looking at her?" David asked.

"What?" I asked to him.

"I said, why are you looking at her?" he asked me once more.

"Is she your girlfriend or something?" I asked him.

"No, but she will be. So you better don't stand on my way!" he replied.
He walked away, but he seemed to be soo angry.

"Dude, how weren't you scared to ask him that?" Kevin asked, "He could've killed you!"

"Oh well, I've already been face to face with death!" I said to him.

"Huh?" he was confused.

"Nevermind, it's no big deal!" I told him, because I didn't want him to know about what happened between me and Sheldon.

"Okay!" he said.

After we finished our lunch, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands. As I was heading to my classroom, I had to take a turn to the right. That's where I didn't see her and I accidentally bumped on her. We both fell down.
I quickly got up and asked her:
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." she replied.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't careful enough." I apologized.

"Don't worry, it's fine." she said.

"By the way, my name's Trustin!"

"I know, I heard your name when professor Thomas called on you. When I turned to look at you, I remembered you. You're that guy who played basketball during Saturday, am I right?"

"Yep. So, you've already seen that I'm more of a nerd than a basketball player." I said.

"That's cool in fact." she told to me.

"You think so?" I asked her shocked.

"Yep." she replied, "By the way, my name's Natalie. You can call me Nat!"

"Nice to meet you Nat!" I told her.

"Nice to meet you too!" she said.
.....................
Finally the school was over. As I was walking home, three guys came by. One of them came closer, and guess who it was. Exactly, it was David.

"I told you not to stay in my way! Why did you speak to her?" he asked.

"Because I was supposed to?" I said.

They came closer, trying to beat me up. That's where I started sprinting as fast as I could.
They were running right behind me. Fortunately I knew a path that would confuse them. That's how I managed to save myself and got home safe and sound.

I even texted Kevin how I almost ended up dead.

"Told you that he can kill you." he texted back.

Now I'll be way more careful than usually.