CHAPTER 13: Not as harmless as I thought!

This time, I woke up with 100% positive energy. I was feeling soo good, perhaps of what happened yesterday.
I noticed that I have forgotten to tell Kevin that I've finally told her how I feel about her. I took my phone and texted him in Snapchat. The minutes went by, but still, no response from him.
I ate breakfast and then I decided to text Natalie, to see what she was up to. I texted her, but there was no response from her either.
I decided to go out and walk a little bit.

"Mom, dad, I'm getting outside for a walk." I told to my parents.

"Ok, son!" my parents replied with a smile.

I got outside and started walking. I decided to went past Natalie's house. There was no sign of activity.

"Maybe they're just relaxing." I thought with myself.
I thought that going to their house and check up on her would be better. After all, we went out yesterday and confessed to each other.

I entered the front yard and approached to the main door. I knocked on it and out came Natalie's mother.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Trustin." I introduced myself, "I was wondering if Natalie is alright, since she hasn't responded to my messages yet."

"Oh, nice to meet you Trustin!" she said, "She's not here. She has went to buy some groceries."

"Thank you ma'am!" I said to her, "Have a great day!"

"You too!" she replied.

After that, I started walking to the store, hoping that I can find her. As I was on my way to get there, the big usual crowd wasn't present.
"Maybe they're just resting, since it's weekend." I thought.
Not two minutes passed by and I saw the officer to who I've said that I'll give any information about Sheldon.

"Hello sir!" I said to him.

"Hi there, fella!" he replied, "Say, have you noticed anything? You know, about this criminal!"

At that moment, I remembered the moment when Sheldon's knife was on my throat. I also remembered the promise I've made to him. That's why I decided to say to him:
"No sir. I wish I knew anything but I don't."

"Okay then, have a great day!" he said to me as he was smiling.

"Bye!" I said while smiling to him as well.

The moment I left, I felt soo relieved. I almost sweat when I was talking to him. At least I didn't say a thing.
My mind was at her, Natalie.

After a couple of minutes, I reached to the store. Fortunately, the moment I came close to the doors, she stepped outside the store.

"Trustin, hi!" she said to me.

"Hi Nat!" I said to her, smiling.

"What brings you here?" she asked me.

"Well, I texted you, but you didn't respond. I thought that you weren't feeling good or something, so I decided to go and check on you. Your mother came out and told me that you're here. Then I decided to come here, hoping that I'll find you and I did." I replied.

"Awww, that's so nice from you!" she replied.

"Do you need help with those?" I asked her, while looking at the heavy plastic bags that she was holding.

"No, no, thanky..." she was trying to keep them.
Right before she finished the sentence, I reached to her and gently grabbed the bags.

"I want to be here for you, now and forever, for whatever you need!" I told to her.

She turned red and thanked me one more time.

As we were turning, Natalie thought to take a short cut. I wasn't feeling safe.
"What if Sheldon could kill us? He let me live once, I don't think that he'll let me live twice. And what about her tho?" my mind was boiling with full of thoughts.

"You know, walking the usual way must be much safer." I advised her.

"C'mon, don't be silly!" she said to me, "We're just trying to get home faster. What could go wrong?"

"Nothing, but..." I was trying to change her mind.

"Let's go!" she said, as she started running through a narrow street. "Catch me if you can!"

I started running to get to her, not because I wanted to play, but because I wanted to protect her. I had it difficult to run though, due to the heavy bags.

"Slow down!" I told to her, but yet, she wouldn't slow down.

She took a right turn like 20 metres before me. I ran as fast as I could. Once I took the turn, the pupils of my eyes widen up.
There was Natalie, slowly walking backwards and in front of her there was Sheldon with his knife stained in blood of another victim of his.
At that moment I didn't think too much and I just acted.

"NO!" I yelled, as I got between them, "You won't harm her! First you've gotta get through me!"

"Oh really?" Sheldon asked me, "And why should it happen that way? You know, I let you live once due to the promise you made to me and I've gotta say that you're too good at keeping promises. Well done!"

"Wait, what?" I was shocked.

"I'm talking about how you didn't tell any information about me." he replied. "Anyways, I'm going to kill you, for the fact that you're getting off my nerves."

"NO!" Natalie yelled, as she got in front of me. "You won't kill him!"

"He protected you and you're protecting him." Sheldon said, "Interesting! May I know why?"

"Because we love each other!" me and Natalie said at the same time.

"Ahh, love! One of the best cures that exist. You know, you're too lucky. When two persons love each other, the love is a medicine, but if only one loves the other, then that medicine slowly turns into poison." he said, "You know what? I'll let you two live since you've both understand what's the most valuable thing to live for." and then, he turned his back and ran away.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes, thanks to you!" she replied, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, thanks to you!" I replied, "Let's go home."

"Yeah!" she replied.

We both went home and didn't tell to anyone what has happened today.
After a moment, I received a message. It was from Kevin. He told me that his phone battery was dead and so he couldn't respond.
I was starting to doubt on Kevin and the police officer. The police officer seemed to be more suspicious.