CHAPTER 14: I don't want to lose her!

The sun began to rise and shine. It's brightness came into my eyes, interrupting my sleep. I woke up half an hour before the alarm went off. I started becoming ready for school. My parents were surprised to find me awake so early, since it was a school day and not weekend.

"Good morning mom! Good morning dad!" I said to them.

"Good morning sun!" they both replied.

This time we had waffles for breakfast and I've got to say that I enjoyed this breakfast a lot.
I went back to my room and took my phone. I texted Natalie to see if she was feeling okay, after all of that what happened yesterday.
She texted back right away, telling me that she hasn't eaten anything at all.
It wasn't her fault, I mean, the first time I met Sheldon in person, the amount of fear was soo big that I even lost my appetite as well. I knew what she was going through.
I told her that everything's gonna be alright.
We decided to go to school together. We'd feel much safer while being together.
The time went by and we had to start walking to school. I told her that we'd meet at her house.
And so, I was waiting at the front yard of her house.
She came outside, but this time she checked at both sides if anyone suspicious was around.
After that, she approached to me and greeted me.

"Good morning Trustin!" she said.

"Good morning Nat!" I replied.

She was standing near me, she seemed to be scared. Her hands were shaking.
I took her hands and told her to look at me.
After she raised her face and looked into my eyes I said to her:
"Everything is fine. We're safe! Don't worry!"

After that, she smiled and her hands stopped shaking. She was feeling safe.
We held each other's hands as we were walking to our school.
After a couple of minutes we reached there.
Kevin was waiting for us outside as usually.
He was a bit shocked after he saw us holding each other's hands, but in a good way.

"Good morning guys!" he said, "What's up?"

"Good morning Kevin!" I said.

Natalie remained silent. When I looked at her, I noticed that she has zoned out for a moment.

"She's probably remembering yesterday's event." I thought.

"Hello?" Kevin said to her.

"Oh, good morning Kevin!" she said.

We went inside our classroom and then the bell rang.
Professor Stiven entered our classroom.

"Good morning professor!" we all said.

"Good morning class! You may sit down." he said, "As you know, I was absent the previous week. That's because I had a little accident." he said as he was smiling, "Well, this is what happens when you're not careful enough!"

"What happened to you sir?" a guy asked, "Are you alright?"

"Well, as I was making dinner for myself, I accidentally cut my hand a little bit." he replied, "As you can see, I have bandages all over my hand. Doctors said that it wasn't a deep cut. But now I'm feeling way better! So, I asked professor Thomas what you've done while I wasn't here and I've got to say, that was soo creative. Well done class!"
Professor Stiven sat down and told us to open our books at page 26 and so we did.

I turned my head and stared at Natalie. She was reading the book. I just kept staring at her untill she noticed it. She stared at me as well. We just looked at each other for a little bit, in silence. It's interesting how just a look, with no words said, can mean so much. There are no words to describe these moments.
After that, we both continued reading.

The bell rang and so we went to eat lunch as usually. We sat at our lunch table and as we were eating, Natalie got up.

"Excuse me for a moment!" she said.

"Okay!" me and Kevin replied.

After she walked away, I turned my head and saw Kevin staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"That's my bro!" he said, "You've won her heart, haven't you?"

"Yes!" I replied, while smiling.

After a moment, a girl was heard screaming.

"HELP! SOMEONE!" a girl from another class was yelling.

I got up and rushed over there. I saw Natalie. She has fainted.

"All of this happened because of me!" I'd think.
I quickly approached to her and opened her eyes. The pupils were reacting to the light. Her pulse was okay and so was her breathing.

"Oh, thank God! She's alright!" I thought.
"Call an ambulance!" I said to them, "She's alright for the moment, but she needs to go to the hospital!"

Kevin pulled out his phone and called the ambulance. After some minutes, the ambulance came and took her.
I was feeling sad.
"I hope she becomes alright!" I'd think with myself.
I couldn't think of anyone or anything else except for her.
I took permission to go home earlier than the other days. They gave me permission and so I went home.
Nobody showed while I was going home. Sheldon wasn't present.

After getting back home, I told to my parents what has happened.
They called Natalie's parents to see what was going on.

"Looks like they're heading to the hospital." my dad informed me.

"Get ready sweetheart," my mother told me, "we're going there to support them."

"Yes mom!" I replied.

I rushed upstairs and made myself ready. I was glad that we we're going to the hospital. I knew that once I see Natalie I'll be feeling way better.

We went to the hospital and during the way there we pulled over a flower shop. I chose to buy some white roses for Nat.

We went inside and asked the receptionist in which floor and in which room was Natalie. After telling us, we went to the third floor by elevator.
We knocked on the door of the room number 18.

"Come in!" they said.

As I entered inside, I saw Natalie. She was laying on the bed, tired but awake. The moment she saw me, she cheered up and smiled.

"Trustin!" she said.

"Hello Nat!" I greeted her.
"Hello sir, hello ma'am!" I greeted her parents as well.

"Hello Trustin!" they replied and got up to talk with my parents outside.

I took the white roses and gave them to Natalie.

"Oh my! These are my favorite ones!" she said, as she was looking at them, amazed.

"Really?" I asked her.

"Yeah!" she replied, "Thank you Trustin!"

"You're welcome!" I replied, "Feeling better?" I asked her.

"Yes, a bit better." she replied, "The doctors said that I just didn't have enough nutritions, and they were right."

"But now you're good. You'll get over this, don't worry. You haven't told me, but I know that you're strong!" I said to her.

"You think so?" she asked.

"Yep!" I replied.

I sat next to her and took her hand. We didn't say any word, but we just looked at each other. We were both tired and eventually sleep caught both of us.

Our parents saw us and they decided to not disturb us. They went at the cafeteria of the hospital that was at the first floor.