CHAPTER 10: Shocked!

After the day of the incident, me and my parents went to the funeral of Mr. and Mrs. Brown.
While being there I realized that life goes by soo fast. The time never turns back, it doesn't wait!
After their funeral was done, we went back home. I became ready and went to school.
I was still feeling bad for what has happened to my neighbors.
I arrived at the front yard of the school as usually.
Kevin was waiting for me. He saw me and approached to me.

"Hello Trustin!" he said, "I heard about what has happened yesterday. Are you okay?"

"Hi! Yeah, I'm fine but not in a good mood tho!" I replied.

We went to our classroom and sat there. This time Nat came in right on time. She came towards me.

"Hello Trustin, hello Kevin!" she said.

"Hi!" me and Kevin replied.

This time it was strange. She didn't sit where she was used to as usually. She sat right next to me.
I was feeling a bit better. But this time my mind would be like: "If we ever get close together, she'll probably get harmed. I can't tolerate that to happen!"
The ball rang and professor Thomas entered the classroom. He sat on his desk and as he was writing on his schedule a knock was heard on the door.

"Come in!" professor Thomas said.

The door opened and a postman came inside.

"Hello sir! This letter was sent to you." the postman said.

"Ah, yes! The letter I've been waiting for!" professor Thomas said as he was smiling. "One second!"

He got up and walked a bit like too fast, got the letter from the postman and thanked him.
The postman then left our classroom.
Professor Thomas didn't even opened his letter. He seemed to be suspicious.
"What could he be hiding?" I'd think.
We started learning for the one cell organisms.
Natalie would stare at me like very often.
"Could she be obsessed with me or something?" my mind was thinking.
Soon the bell rang and this time Nat joined our walk. We sat on the same table and started having lunch.

"So, what did your parents decide?" Kevin asked Nat.

"About?" looks like she's forgotten.

"About moving somewhere closer to our school." I reminded her.

"Yeah!" Kevin added.

"Oohh, yeah!" Nat replied, "I almost forgot. My parents decided to move, but I don't really know where."

I tried not to talk anymore so that she could remain safe. She's got in lots of troubles untill now and I don't wanna be another trouble in her life.
Kevin was a bit confused. His stare would literally be like: "Bro, you said you like her, why are you remaining silent?".
But I'd only lower my head in a sign that I can't do it.
Eventually the time to go home arrived. As I was walking I didn't notice anything strange. No sign of Sheldon nor David.
I got home exhausted and a bit disappointed of what was going on in my life.
Even Kevin texted me. He asked me why I remained silent almost during the whole time.
I told him that anyone who'd get close to me, would get harmed. That's why I remained silent.
He told me that I shouldn't be so scared, since David's family has actually moved far away. I was a bit surprised how he is able to know what's going on in my neighborhood more then I do. It was creepy, not gonna lie, but still I felt good that David wasn't here anymore.

"Sweetheart, you need to go and buy some groceries!" my mom said.

"Yes mom!" I replied, "Just one minute!".

I took the money and left to buy some groceries. Fortunately the shop wasn't too far.
As I was coming back home with the groceries, I noticed that the house where Mr. and Mrs. Brown used to live, had lights on. There was even a new car at the garage. I was a bit confused, but not even one second went by when Nat opened the front door. She was taking the trash out. She saw me and eventually, she came close.

"Trustin! Hi!" she said as she was smiling.

"Hi!" I replied.

"What are you doing?" she asked me.

"Oh, nothing!" I replied, "I was just at the store ro buy some groceries and now I'm going back home."

"Is your house too far from here?" she asked.

"No, it's not..." I replied.

"Great! Lemme walk with you. May I?" she asked.

"Sure!" I replied, because, how could I say no to her?

As we were walking, we had like a long conversation, I hardly remember anything of what we talked about.
Not too long after we arrived at my house.

"This is my house." I said.

"Nice house!" she said, "Anyways, see you tomorrow! Bye!"

"Bye!" I replied.

When I entered inside my mom said to me: "Who's that lucky girl?"

"She's just my friend mom!" I replied, even tho I knew it wasn't just like that.

"Yeah, yeah!" my mom said, as if she was saying to me: "I wasn't born yesterday!"

But my mind was confused. How did Natalie's family end up moving in the house of Mr. and Mrs. Brown? At least she was closer than before. We can literally hang out whenever we want.