CHAPTER 18: Believe the half of what you see!

I woke up and became ready for school. I ate breakfast and went on my way there. I stopped at the graveyard to visit Natalie's grave.

"Today I'm gonna go and speak to him." I said.

I left the graveyard and started walking. This time a tall dude with a black hoodie bumped on me accidentally with his shoulder.
I didn't say anything to him, but I heard him saying some words with low voice. He was like: "Watch out you little brat!"

Again, I didn't really see his face, but his voice sounded a bit familiar.

"Could he be David?" I thought with myself, "Nah, if it was him, he would've killed me, right?"
I turned around but he just left and didn't look back.

I went to the school's front yard and I saw Kevin waiting for me. He came to me and said to me: "Bro, you're in danger."

"What? Why?" I asked him.

"David's family have come back in this city again." he replied, "I don't really know why, but you need to be careful."

"As for the record, I think that I've just seen him." I said to Kevin, "He accidentally bumped on me. I didn't see his face but he offended me. I wasn't sure if it was him, but after what you just told me, it has to be him."

"Wait, what?" Kevin was shocked, "You're telling me that he walked close to you and didn't attack you? Nah, that's weird."

"Why would it be?" I said to him, "Now that Natalie is gone, I don't think there exists any reason for him to fight against me."

"It makes sense." Kevin replied.

The bell rang and we went inside our classroom. After five minutes professor Thomas came in.

"Good morning professor!" we all said to him as we were standing up.

"Good morning class." he replied, "I apologize for arriving late today, but I had some things to do."

"Sir, is professor Stiven going to be released?" Kevin asked.

"I was at the police station and talked to the sheriff." professor Thomas replied, "He told me that professor Stiven will be released within these 24 hours since there wasn't a solid proof that could make him guilty. So yeah, that's some good news for us today."

We started learning more biology, but this time my mind was not present in the class. I was thinking about Nat, how she used to sit near me, her smile. I started missing her.
Professor Thomas noticed that I wasn't paying attention and so what he did is that he knocked on the blackboard with the chalk. My mind came back. I saw professor Thomas looking at me. I just stared at him and did that facial expression which said "sorry". He didn't say anything to me and just continued teaching.

After the bell rang, I went to eat lunch with Kevin. Suddenly David entered the school.

"Bro, watch out!" Kevin warned me with a low voice while secretly pointing his finger at David.

"Don't worry." I replied.

We sat at our table as usually. David approached us and was looking at me.
I raised my head up only to see his face smiling at me.

"Who does she belong to now?" he asked and then left, leaving me no time to answer.
I was going to tell him: "No one!", but I wasn't able to.

"Bro, what does that mean?" Kevin asked me.

"He's probably trying to make me angry about the fact that Nat died while she was with me." I replied, "It's not like she's his girlfriend, duh!".

The time came for us to return back to our classroom and as we were walking, I heard some loud conversation coming from the professor's office.