CHAPTER 9: Bad news after good news!

I woke up, became ready and started going to school. This time, David was nowhere to be seen.
"Strange!" I thought with myself.
I was expecting to find him at the school's front yard, but still, no sign of him.
This time, Kevin was waiting for me. He came close to me and greeted me.

"Hello Trustin!" he said.

"Hi." I replied.

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday!" he said, "I heard that he almost knocked you out dude!"

"I don't know if I shall accept your apology and yes, if it wasn't for professor Thomas, I wouldn't be here today, but I'd been laid down in the hospital or even worse!" I told to him.

"C'mon man!" he said, "I know I was a coward, but if I stayed with you, David would kill me!"

"Oh really?" I asked, "Then why are you talking to me now?"

"I guess you haven't heard, but David is suspended from our school." he replied, "Yesterday, as he was talking to the principal I heard him screaming: "I'll kill him!", but then the principal told him that he'll never dare to touch you or any other student. His parents were present as well and I've got to say that they were turned red, maybe from the shame or anger as well. Idk!"

"So, finally he's not in our school, huh?" I asked.

"Nope!" he said, "But you've gotta be careful, since his family hasn't decided yet rather they shall move or no. Untill then, you should have your eyes four!"

"Okay, okay." I said.

I'm that type of person that forgives others very often. So I decided to forgive Kevin as well.
We went inside our classroom and sat just like the first day of school.

The bell rang and the professor of mathematics entered our classroom.
"Good morning professor!" we all said.

"Good morning class!" she replied.

Just moments before our professor started writing the title of the lesson, a knock was heard on the door.

"Who is it?" the professor asked.

The door opened and it was Natalie. She seemed to be exhausted. Guess that she's been running for real.

"Good morning Mrs. Randall! May I enter the class?" she asked.

"Sure, take a seat." professor said.

She sat at her place as usual.
Then we continued learning about graphics functions.

After the bell rang we went to eat lunch. This time, Natalie came and sat near me and Kevin.
Kevin was giving me that look that goes like "Daaaamn!".
I opened my eyes a bit which meant something like "Don't do that look. She'll notice it!".

"So, Natalie, why were you late today?" Kevin asked.

"Oh well, there was a lot of traffic and so my parents couldn't drop me off to school on time." Nat replied.

"I know, the traffic was very heavy today." I added, "Luckily, I walk, since it's not that far from my house."

"That's cool!" Nat said, "I was telling to my parents about moving on closer to the school, so that I wont be late anymore."

"And what did they say?" I asked.

"They said that they'll think about it." she replied.

"Well that seems like a good idea!" Kevin said.

"I guess so." Nat said, "By the way, do you have snapchat or any other social medias so I can add you?"

Those words shocked me. I never even expected something like this to happen.

"Yes, I do." I replied, "My snap is TrustinXx7."

"Okay, lemme add you right now," she said, "yep, here you are. I added you."

"And now I'm adding you back." I said.

Those moments were the best ever. I was like one of the happiest persons ever.

The bell rang and our lunch time was over. While me and Kevin were heading to our classroom, he was looking at me with a smile.

"What?" I asked.

"Dude, she just asked you for your snap. This is like soo cool man. I think she's into you." Kevin said.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Yeah dude. Definitely!" he replied.

We had some other classes and eventually the time came for me to head back home.
Thankfully David was nowhere to be seen. Not even Sheldon's presence was there. I felt soo safe and happy for today. It was like the best day ever, well untill...
....................
Once I took the left turn which would lead me to my house, I saw the lights of an ambulance. My heart dropped.

"What if something has happened to my parents?" I thought as I started sprinting with all the power I had.
After getting close enough, I noticed that an incident has happened in my neighbor's house.
My parents were all safe. They've gotten outside to check what has happened.

"Mom, dad, what has happened?" I asked as I approached to them.

They turned around and hugged me.

"Trustin, you're ok!" they said.

"What has happened to our neighbors, are they alright?" I asked them again.

"Mr and Mrs Brown were killed today by poisonous gas that was put in their house." my dad told me.

My mind went straight to David. He has tried to scare me many times, but this, this goes far over the limits. People are getting hurt because of me.