CHAPTER 20: The true ones never leave!

It was night when we arrived back at the city. My father said that we'd better send Natalie in a hospital but I told my father not to go to the same hospital as before. I even explained why. So we went to another hospital.
Natalie was still unconscious. She was laying on a bed, inside of a room of the hospital. I called my mom and told her about what happened. She was so happy to hear about the fact that Natalie was still alive. She even called Natalie's parents. They were soo happy to know that their daughter was not dead. They were shocked about it, but still, they were happier then ever. When her parents arrived, they asked me what has happened. I explained to them that she was only put in a deep sleep, by a medicine that would stop her pulse for some time and then she was revived later, by a group of criminals.

There was professor Thomas as well. I was happy when I saw that he was not dead. He greeted us all inside the room and then I asked him if we could talk for a minute.
We got outside of the room.

"How did you find me?" I asked him.

"GPS!" he said, "I put one of it on your jacket, when I touched your shoulder.".

"What?" I asked in shock. I quickly looked on my jacket, but I couldn't find it, "Where?" I asked for a little help.

"Hang on." he said.
He reached with his hand and took the GPS off my jacket. After that, the black GPS turned green.
"You haven't seen it, because it changes it's color into that on which it stands while activated." he said.

"Cool!" I said, "By the way, what happened to Tim? I mean, I saw an explosion, but did he die or...?".

"No, he didn't die. I was about to kill him, but I remembered that I was accused for his crime and so I took him to the sheriff. I even explained what has happened and Tim didn't have what else to do, except to agree with the fact that he was guilty." he said.

"So, sheriff Johnson knows you're Sheldon?" I asked.

"Yes, he knows." professor said, " But after knowing that I was just trying to put Tim in front of justice, he promised me that my identity would remain secret.".

"Well done Sheldon Wilson." I said.

"OMG! Trustin, she's up!" my mom yelled, "Quick, come here!".

I rushed inside the room to see Natalie. She opened her eyes and her beauty was not gone, not even a little bit.

"Nat!" I said at her as I tried to hug her, but she backed off a little bit.
I remained as a statue with my hands wide opened, looking at her.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Nat, it's me, Trustin." I said, "Don't you remember?".

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I know you." she replied.

My eyes became red and tears started to fall down to my chin. I just wiped off my tears with my hands and rushed to get outside.

"Wait, Trustin..." my mother said.

I got outside of the hospital and went back home, crying all the way back. I locked myself up in my room.
Not even 5 minutes passed and there were knockings heard on my bedroom's door. They were my parents.

"Trustin, son, is everything alright?" my father asked.

I didn't reply. I couldn't say a word.

"You know, we're here for you!" my mother said.

I just sat there, overthinking about everything.

"Why did this happen?" I said to myself, "Was this really necessary?".

After a while, I got outside my bedroom. I still was upset about what was happening, but I started thinking about it as a good thing. After all, being with her has just put her in big danger. I started thinking that if she would stay away from me, she'd be safer than before.

Parents offered me food, but I wouldn't eat, my appetite was gone.
.....................

Eventually, the time to go to school came. I wasn't feeling good. How was I supposed to act? What was I supposed to do?
The only hardest thing I could do, was not to speak at her.
I went to school and saw Kevin waiting for me as usually. He greeted me, but I didn't have enough energy to speak back.
Kevin asked me what was wrong, but all I could say was: "Nat...". I couldn't even finish the sentence, my eyes would be filled with tears.

We went inside our classroom. Natalie came in as well. She walked besides me and looked at me, smiling, but I couldn't do the same to her.
Professor Stiven came in and greeted us.

"Hello class, since I've finally been announced as innocent and it's my first day of teaching after being released from prison, this hour shall be free. Get out and do whatever you want." he said.

All the students were happy. They got outside the school and some went to Caffé, including Kevin, but I didn't, even tho I was invited by Kevin. Instead, I went to a small park that had some swings on it. I started swinging, all alone.
I heard some footsteps and after I stopped and turned my head back, I saw her. She was smiling to me, while staring at me with those beautiful brown eyes.
I wanted to leave, because I didn't want her to get in a relationship with me. As I was about to leave, she hugged me.

"Trustin, you don't have to leave. I know what you're trying to do, but there's nothing that can put me away from you." she said.

"You... You remember me?" I asked while smiling and crying of happiness.

"Yes," she replied, "my parents gave me my diary and after reading it, I remembered it all. I even asked them what has happened after I "died". They told me how you still cared for me, how you visited my grave every day and how you wanted to take revenge for me. I want to be with you.".

"But you do realize that if you stay with me, you will be in danger?" I asked.

"If it wasn't about you, I wouldn't be here today." she replied, "I want to be with you and with you only!".

We both hugged each other for a long time. Tears of happiness would roll out of my eyes.

"I never want to lose you again!" I said to her.
This was the best day of my life ever.
....................

Somewhere on she bushes there was a person hiding, watching us with binoculars.

"If I can't have her, then you won't have her either. I shall take my revenge. Like my father used to say "Life isn't a good ending tale!".".

He took his binoculars away and started laughing. It was David.

-The end (I guess)-