CHAPTER 17: Caught him!

I woke up as usually, with one motivational thought: "Let's see who Sheldon really is!"
I went downstairs but this time I didn't eat anything. My mind was at school and all I wanted was to take revenge for Natalie. I was going to bring Sheldon before justice. He was going to pay for what he has done.
I picked up my backpack and got outside. I went to the graveyard and stood before Natalie's grave.

"Today's a big day!" I said as I was looking at her picture, carved on her gravestone.

I turned my back and went to highschool. Kevin was waiting at the usual spot. He saw me and came to me.

"Good morning Trustin!" he said.

"Good morning Kevin!" I replied.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked.

"Oh, you have no idea how good I'm feeling today!" I replied.

"Well, that's good!" Kevin said, "And may I know why's that?".

"Don't worry!" I said to him, "You'll see!".

The ball rang and we went inside our classroom.
Professor Stiven entered our classroom as well. His hand didn't seem to be better than before. He also seemed to be too anxious.

"Good morning professor!" we all said as we were standing up.

"Good morning class!" professor Stiven said, "Please sit down!".

We all sat down and professor Stiven as well. He was holding his forehead with his two hands.
A knock was heard on the door.

*Sighs*
"Come in!" professor Stiven said.

At that moment two police officers entered our classroom and amongst them was the suspicious officer as well.

"Sir, you're under arrest!" they said as they pulled out the handcuffs.

"Wh... wh... What?" professor Stiven said as he was looking at them shocked.

"You've been accused for murder of more than three people!" the suspicious officer said, "You've the right to remain silent. Anything that you say can and will be used against you. If you can't afford a lawyer the government will do so."

"Wait!" I yelled, "How can you accuse our professor for such a thing?" I asked, just because I wanted to know if the reason is valid.

"We've found his blood in the crime scene." the officer said, "And his hand tells quite enough!".

"Wait, I haven't done anything! I SWEAR!" professor Stiven was telling them, hoping to be released.

"We can discuss it once we go at the police station." the suspicious officer said.

Just like that, they took professor Stiven and put him inside the car. They took him to the police station.
...........................

They took him out of the car and went inside. Professor Stiven was locked up in an isolated room. There was a table and two empty chairs. There was also a lamp hanging above the table.
Professor sat down and waited for the policeman to come and question him.
Eventually, after about five minutes the policeman entered inside.

"Hello there!" the policeman said to him.

"Hello!" professor Stiven replied.

"So, do you know why you're here?" the policeman asked.

"To be honest, I don't really know!" professor Stiven replied.

"You're here because you've been accused for the murders done by this mysterious murderer." the policeman said.

"Sheldon?" professor Stiven asked.

"Yes, exactly." the policeman replied, "We are thinking that you are the so called Sheldon."

"But how? I mean, I've never done any harm to anyone!" professor Stiven said.

"The proofs show the opposite." the policeman said, "We've found your blood in one of the crime scenes. In fact, your blood was on one of your victim's pocket knife and it seems like the blood came from the wound in your hand. The victim must have been trying to save himself from you and so he injured your hand."

"What, this?" professor Stiven asked as he raised his injured hand up, "I was cooking when I accidentally cut my hand."

"Do you admit any of these following crimes?" the policeman asked as he showed the pictures of the victims.

"Oh damn!" professor Stiven said as he almost threw up after seeing those photos, "No, I refuse to be accused for something I haven't done!".

"Okay then, you'll be held in this police station for the rest of the night untill things become clearer." the policeman said as he was leaving the room.

"C'mon man!" professor Stiven said, "I'm innocent! I'M INNOCENT!"

There entered another police officer and took him behind the bars.

"Okay then, okay!" professor Stiven said, "I don't know what the heck is going on, but I know that I'm innocent and if by staying here I can prove that, then so be it!".
...........................

I was going home and Sheldon didn't seem to be anywhere.

"I guess that justice is finally being put back in place!" I said.

I went to Natalie's grave to tell her that everything was finally settled.

"It's okay Nat!" I said, "He must be behind the bars now!" I smiled.
After that I went back home. After I got inside, my parents asked me if I was alright. I told them that I'm fine.
They thought that something happened to me after watching the news and finding out that the main criminal was teaching at our school.
I told to them that they didn't have anything to worry about.
I ate dinner with my parents and went straight to bed.
I never ever slept so peacefully.
But yet, the emptiness inside me was still present. Even though Sheldon was finally going to pay about what he did, I didn't feel any better.
I just wished that Natalie never had to die. One thing's for sure: "We're all going to die, sooner or later!".