fiftyfive: final chapter.

*two weeks later*

Camilla wrapped an arm around Aubrey's neck as they stood in front of the St Maarten beach. The sun was now setting, they'd spent the past few days wrapped up under each other, watching the sunrise, enjoying food, cocktails and each others company. It was the first time in a long time they'd had time alone.

He looked down at her, staring intensely into her eyes and wrapping his hands around her waist.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Camilla raised her eyebrow, nervously swiping her tongue across her lips.

"I just like looking at you" Aubrey grinned, leaning in across the table and planting a light kiss on her mouth.

To call the past year overwhelming for Aubrey and Camilla was an understatement. The things that transpired were set to break them apart but seemingly drove them closer together and that's all that mattered.

"Likewise" she smiled.

"I feel like a lot of negative shit has overshadowed what was supposed to some big milestones for us, you know? Our marriage, the birth of our son and everything else" Aubrey stroked her back.

"I know baby, but that's the past and I don't wanna dwell on it"

"Neither do I, but I have an idea"

"What?" Camilla playfully rolled her eyes. She knew Aubrey was known for his grand gestures and his elaborate schemes to rectify situations.

Aubrey took a moment before he revealed a small velvet jewellery box from, and cleared his throat.

"Will you marry me...again?" He chuckled lightly, revealing the new, large pear shaped diamond ring. "I know this is only a material thing, but it's only the beginning"

"Baby?!" Camilla squealed, her mouth falling open. She stood back to look at him and the ring. Her eyes growing glossy and held back tears.

"C, baby, for as long as I've known you, you've been everything and more to me. From being teenagers, you sneaking me in your house letting me stay there when my mom kicked me out, or hiding the guns in the warehouse after I got arrested to stop me from getting and extra charge...even just being there for me when I needed someone to speak to, giving me our greatest gift Alina. You've never turned your back on me. Never. I owe you way more than this"

"Aubrey..." she began to cry, trying to wipe her tears quicker than they fell.

"These are happy tears, right?" Aubrey looked at her, she nodded, continuing to wipe her eyes. He got on one knee in front of her, repeating his question to which she nodded her head and held out her hand, allowing him to slide the new ring on right next to her first ring.

"This makes me feel so good. Not just because of how nice the ring it, but because this is, like signifying is a new chapter for us" she looked up at him, pulling him into a kiss.

"It is" he chuckled lightly, wiping her tears off his face that had transferred during their kiss. "I want 3 more kids after this wedding" he smirked.

"Oh God!" She slapped the air, laughing.

So here they were, finally happy. A few loose ends still not tied up but Aubrey always figured out a way to fix things. Always.

-
Authors note:

Thank you all so much for your continued support. I've finally had the time to come back and finish this book and, also start the sequel (which first chapter will be out already by the time you read this).

Creating this type of stuff is super fun for me, I was a bit younger when I started this book vs me finishing it now, so my writing style and direction for wanting to take the book has slightly changed (for the good!) anyway, thank you again and please read my sequel! "No More Do Overs"