thirtyseven.

As the New Years Eve event at the restaurant came into full effect, Aubrey had the whole of King West showing out. This was quite possibly the busiest Frings had ever been since the grand opening. This was what Aubrey wanted, this was everything he'd envisioned when he saw himself as the successful man. A successful business, a wife and a child.

"I can't believe you did this all by yourself" Camilla smiled, planting a kiss on Aubrey's lips as she stood behind the counter with him, watching what was going on.

"You know how I am already" Aubrey chuckled, smiling at her. Looking at Camilla just reminded Aubrey about what his mother had said earlier, he started to feel a little bit guilty. "I love you, you know that right?"

"I know baby, I love you too" Camilla replied, seemingly slightly confused as to where that came from. "Once the baby arrives, I really gotta get back on track with helping you with this place"

"You ain't gotta worry about that, you supporting me is all I really need"

"No, this is something we started together so we have to do things together all the time" she stroked his beard. They were interrupted by Sandi walking past the pair of them. She had given Aubrey an apologetic smile in the midst of hugging Camilla.

"6 weeks left" Sandi smiled, rubbing Camilla's stomach.

"I know, I'm so excited for him to get here" Camilla grinned. "Still no name for him, but the baby shower is on Sunday so I'm giving myself a whole 24 hours to find him a name by then"

"You could just wait till he's born and then see what type of name suits him" Sandi laughed.

"True, but then we might have to call him AJ because he might look exactly like Aubrey" she laughed, looking up at Aubrey.

"He'll be really lucky if that happens" Aubrey chuckled, quickly stopping when he saw Gwen walk past; this easily caught Sandi's attention.

"You know what I've been meaning to say to you Camilla? I think you guys need to fire a few employees...hire some new ones too" Sandi said, clearing her throat. "I said this to Aubrey too"

"Oh, who do you feel like needs to go?" Camilla laughed lightly, feeling the tension.

"Definitely her" Sandi spoke, pointing to the back of Gwen.

"Honestly, I need to be here more because we hire so many pretty girls I can't tell any of them apart. What's her name?"

"Begins with a G, either Gwen or Gina?"

"Ah, Gwen. I thought she was doing good?"

"I think she fraternises too much with the other male employees, not very professional" Sandi nodded.

"Uh, I'll speak to her about that" Camilla said, not paying attention because she was watching the interaction between her mother and Shane, who she had no idea was in attendance. "Guys, give me a moment, sorry" she added, walking away.

"Mom, you really think Gwen needs to be fired?" Aubrey asked, looking at his mom.

"Aubrey, that girl has ill intentions" Sandi sighed. "I do not want you to succumb to temptation, I will not be there to support you to Camilla if you do some shit"

"Mom, I would never want to hurt Camilla. That's my life right there. I will speak to Gwen, if she doesn't apologise and I see a change over time then I will fire her" Aubrey nodded.

"That's fine, just be mindful" Sandi smiled at him, hugging him for a moment. "I am proud of you Aubrey, everything you've done and you're doing"

"Thank you mom" Aubrey smiled. "I don't wanna fuck up things mom"

"You won't...you won't" Sandi reassured him.

Meanwhile Camilla was in the middle of a heated discussion with her mother and Shane. Her mother was not supposed to be around Shane, her deceased husbands best-friend, the man that nearly shot and killed her son-in-law but, here she was...cosying up to him in between her work schedule.

"Why are you here?" Camilla addressed Shane, plotting herself in between her mother and Shane.

"I just wanted to come and support, I didn't mean any harm. Me and your mom-" Shane started to stay, then stopped as Julianna put her hand on Shane's stomach to silence him.

"No, go ahead...you and my mom what?" Camilla folded her arms.

"We've just grown closer since the death of Lorenzo, I just wanted to support your mother" Shane sighed.

"That's all it is, Cami. He was almost as close to your father as I was. He knew the same things about him...we bonded" Julianna said looking at Camilla. "But we won't talk about this now

"You're supposed to talk to me, your child. The one who cares...I don't understand where this bond came from" Camilla grew confused frustrated by the second. Despite their usual close bond, the death of Lorenzo had somewhat broken down the relationship between Camilla and Julianna. There was no specific event that could pin point when this all started, but it was seemingly too late for all of this now.

By this time, Aubrey had spotted a flustered Camilla interacting with Julianna and Shane. Aubrey too was shocked that Shane was also present, if it hadn't been for the amount of critics at the restaurant he would've definitely taken care of Shane, right then and there.

"Didn't realise you were in attendance Shane" Aubrey chuckled lightly, then turned to whisper in his ear. "Get the fuck outta here"

"Drizzy, no hard feelings right! I didn't even know you had the capabilities to run some shit like this"

"Shane, don't get fuck up" Camilla smiled, squeezing Aubrey's hand as she sensed him tensing up.

"I told you Camilla, I mean no disrespect to either of you. Lorenzo is dead, we're all moving on together" Shane said, holding out his hand to shake Aubrey's. "I mean it, I wanna put all of this behind us"

Aubrey exhaled, before using his free hand to shake Shane's firmly.

"Aubrey, I didn't mean any disrespect. Shane has been there for me during my grieving time. It's weird to say, I know...I was gonna ask but-" Julianna spoke, frowning.

"Don't worry about it, come on C" Aubrey said, holding Camilla by the waist and leading her away to the bar. "I'm not about to let Shane fuck this up for us" he said, pouring himself a glass of wine.