eighteen.

24 hours before one of the biggest days of Camilla and Aubrey's lives. Their wedding day. Aubrey was in one the best moods possible, he'd just arrived at the barbershop with Chubbs, Baka and Jahron in tow.

"Long time I haven't seen you, man!" Marcus, the barber said pulling Aubrey into a short side hug. Aubrey hadn't really gone back to places he was used to since leaving jail, he was always at this barbershop before his arrest but the thought of coming back slightly brought back memories.

"I know, man had to do a little time but I'm back now" Aubrey laughed, going full Toronto man with his voice.

"I heard, I heard. It's fucked up, eh?" Marcus shook his head. Aubrey, Chubbs, Baka and Jahron all took seats in the waiting area as Marcus continued to talk to them while cutting the young boy sat in the chairs hair.

"It is but I gotta move on man, on to bigger and better things" he chuckled.

"Something's different about you" Marcus paused, holding the clipper still in the air. "You got a kid?"

"Nah...not yet" Aubrey laughed.

"Married?"

"Will be tomorrow" Aubrey nodded proudly.

"Yooo, no fucking way. Congrats man" Marcus moved from the customer to high five Aubrey.

"Is this gonna take any longer?" The boy in the chair kissed his teeth, turning around to look at them.

"Yo, shut up before your hairline is behind your ears, eh?" Marcus kissed his teeth, fanning the boy off. "Anyway, let me see the lucky bride?"

Aubrey held up his phone to show his lockscreen which was a picture of he and Camilla on the day they got engaged.

"Man, she's beautiful. I need one of those...She got a sister?" Marcus joked, once again highfiving Aubrey.

"Watch it" Aubrey joked, putting his phone away. "You know what, if you're free tomorrow you could always come through the wedding reception?"

"Definitely, I been knowing you since you got the curls and all that. Now you growing up and getting married, that's some real shit, man" Marcus said as he walked back over to the customer in the chair.

Just as Aubrey, Baka, Jahron and Chubbs we're finished with their haircuts and were about to leave, he was interrupted by the sight of Leah walking into the barbershop with a hoodie over her head, she pulled it down to reveal her bruised face as she walked over to he and the guys.

"What happened to you?" Aubrey whispered to her and she stood in front of him.

"Can we talk outside?" She cleared her throat. "Baka you too..."

Baka and Aubrey looked at each other, nodding in agreeance and walking outside with her. Jahron and Marcus exchanged looks before shrugging and returning to their conversation.

"Is this real?" Baka tried to touch Leah's face to which she winced. "What happened, man?"

"Shane happened" Leah sighed. "He knows everything, like everything"

"How?" Baka furrowed his brows.

"Shane didn't say, he just told me that I was lucky he took a liking to me otherwise he would've let LD kill me for lying to him"

"Did he put his hands on you?" Baka looked at the side of her face.

"Him or LD got someone to do, it's a good thing I managed to get away when I did" Leah shook her head.

"Man, what the fuck" Aubrey sighed, rubbing his hand over his face to regain composure. "This is too much shit, I'm getting married tomorrow and you're coming to me with this"