fourtyfive.

Every relationship had their ups and downs, some are made public which is how judgment arises and some are kept private and that's how praise arises. For Camilla, the mere idea of people knowing her personal life made her cringe...but, Aubrey was who she wanted. Not out of comfort, out of genuine love.

"Grandma has a nice set up in here for you, doesn't she?" Camilla said to Alijah, wrapping him in his towel as she took him out of the bath and to his room which Julianna had prepared for him incase he ever stayed over. "I know, you liked the water, I'm sorry" she said, hushing him as he began to cry.

"Mama's boy" Camilla said, kissing Alijah's belly, making him smile. She moisturised his skin, putting on his diaper and his onesie. Once changed, Camilla took him downstairs with her to make him a bottle and get him ready for the day. It had been a week since Camilla's last conversation with Aubrey, she'd decided to keep her distance from him till she felt ready. He'd seen Alijah a few times via their mothers but she herself hadn't made any contact with him.

"I thought you were breastfeeding?" Julianna asked, entering the kitchen to make herself some tea in a flask.

"I'm not producing as much milk these days, there's no point" Camilla shrugged.

"Do you want tea or anything before I leave?" Julianna asked, watching Camilla position Alijah to feed him his bottle.

"I'm alright mom, I'm not hungry or anything before I leave" Camilla forced a smile, sitting on the kitchen stool with Alijah.

"You need to eat, I don't like to feel worried about you" Julianna sighed.

"Mom I'm fine, go to work and have a good day"

"I don't wanna sound patronising, I apologise honey" Julianna replied, kissing Camilla on the cheek and kissing Alijah on the forehead. "Any plans for today?"

"Not really, Brielle wants to go out tonight since she doesn't have Zac until next week Monday"

"You should go, I'll look after Alijah"

"You've already done enough mom, I'll just stay home" Camilla shrugged, turning her attention over to Alijah. "You're drinking all of this bottle in one go? Wow, mamas big boy" she smiled, watching him smile with the bottle nipple still in his mouth.

"No, you need to go out and enjoy yourself. I'll be home by before 10:00pm, so just get ready in the mean time" Julianna fanned her off, quickly exiting the house to head out to Frings'.

-

The tension at work between Aubrey and Julianna was heavy. He didn't know what to say, he knew Camilla would've told her mother what occurred between them so there was zero point in continuing as if things were normal.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Aubrey said, poking his head and top half of his body through the double doors that led to the kitchen. Julianna was stood behind the chefs, observing how they cooked what she'd told them to.

"Hold on" Julianna said, finishing her explanation to the Junior chefs before exiting the doors with Aubrey. "What would you like to talk about?" She asked.

"I just feel like I have to apologise to you as well, you've always had faith in me to be the man your daughter needs and I feel as though I've let you down too. I'm sorry for hurting your daughter, I really do love her and I will do everything in my power to fix this"

"I appreciate the apology, I understand that you're sorry and I believe that you love my daughter" Julianna gave a short smile. "I shouldn't be helping you but, tonight Camilla was supposed to go out to with her friends, I offered to babysit and she didn't want me to, so how about you come over to my house, ask to take Alijah and let her enjoy herself"