fourty.

Aubrey was surprised to see Baka and Chubbs at the hospital with Camilla, his mother Sandi and Julianna when he arrived. He could tell Baka and Chubbs knew straight away that something was wrong.

"I didn't realise you could have other guests past midnight" Aubrey chuckled, greeting Chubbs and Baka before giving Julianna a hug. He placed a kiss on Camilla's lips before sitting on the vacant chair next to her bed.

"I know, the nurse said I'm special so I get special treatment" Camilla laughed, her laugh even seemed genuine too. She had perked up from earlier. "Baka and Chubbs said there was an emergency at the restaurant, what happened?"

"Uh- it was nothing, I don't want you to worry about it anyway. I sorted it" he smiled at her, feeling nothing but guilt. "What are you guys doing here anyway?"

"Wanted to see nephew, plus we brought some gifts for him" Chubbs chuckled. "Drizzy, I gotta show you something" Chubbs added, gesturing for Aubrey to come outside with him and Baka.

Aubrey followed suit, pulling his hood over his head. He knew he was about to get grilled like crazy.

"We saw your texts, we called you. No answer, then you text back saying don't worry. What happened?" Baka whispered as they stood outside of Camilla's hospital room.

"I fuck up. Real bad" Aubrey confessed.

"What did you do?" Chubbs sighed.

"I let Gwen-"

"Yo, don't say what I think you're about to" Baka cut him off. "You didn't fuck this bitch. Please tell me"

"I didn't, but I might as well have...I walked in the office. She was sat there, she gave me head and that was it"

"Camilla just had your son, you couldn't wait?" Chubbs looked at Aubrey. "Drizzy, you know when we got here what Camilla was doing? She was crying because she said she feels like she can't do nothing right, she can't be a good wife to you and she can't be a mother, because she couldn't even carry a kid for the right amount of time. I'm sure it was hormones but do you understand how much y'alls little family means to her?"

"I wish you didn't tell me that shit now" Aubrey rubbed his face. "I swear it was a moment of weakness. I don't even know what to do. I can't lose my wife and my kid over this shit"

"You better fire Gwen, text that bitch now and let her know she's unemployed" Baka grew irritated. Their conversation was cut short when Julianna opened the room door.

"Sorry, I just gotta use the bathroom" Julianna slipped right past them. The three men walked back into the room, holding their best poker faces as they tried their best to hide what was going on.

"We're about to head off, but remember what I said to you" Baka chuckled, giving Camilla a hug goodbye.

"Exactly, you're one of the strongest people I know" Chubbs smiled at her. "We'll be back tomorrow" he added.

Sandi and Julianna also left to give Camilla and Aubrey the space they needed. Aubrey looked at Camilla before shedding a few tears. It was a mixture of guilt, possibly even fear. He knew what he did was wrong.

"Why are you crying?" Camilla asked, taking his hand and interlocking their fingers. Aubrey kept silent for a moment, Camilla was confused. Aubrey was rarely ever seen crying, the only time she'd seen him cry was during his sentencing, their wedding day and when Alijah was born. "What's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry" Aubrey wiped his face. "I love you so much, I would never wanna lose you. I just need you to know that"

"I know that...I do" Camilla furrowed her eyebrows together, pulling him down to her level for a hug. "Sit back down"

Aubrey sat, keeping his hand over his mouth before sighing loudly and looking at her.

"Are you worried about something?" Camilla asked him. "If you are, then...don't. That doesn't help but, anything that happens we deal with together. Ok?"

"I don't wanna fuck our life up. I just want us to be home with our son, things back to normal"

"I know and we will" Camilla looked at him. "What are you worried about?"

"I'm worried that you won't wanna be with me"

"Where has this come from-, Remember I said to you that I stick by you no matter what?"

*4 1/2 months ago*

"I don't want the police thinking I did some shit to Lorenzo, C. I can't go to jail again, especially for more shit that I didn't do" Aubrey took a sip of his water as he and Camilla sat across from one another at Frings. The police had just come into the restaurant to ask Aubrey and his friends a few questions.

"I wouldn't let that shit happen, I know you didn't do anything to him and even if you did...I stick by you no matter what" Camilla shrugged, reaching across the table to hold his hand.

"I don't want you to have to feel like you gotta do that, I can't fuck up what we got and I can't let the reputation people got of me fuck things up too"

"Fuck people, I know you like the back of my hand. Like I said, I stick by you no matter what, there's nothing and I mean nothing, in this world that'll stop that" Camilla looked at him.

"I'll hold you to that" Aubrey chuckled, reaching over to kiss Camilla on the lips. "I don't know what I did to deserve you"

"Neither do I" Camilla sat back laughing.

"All that's left for us now is for the baby to be born, that's our next chapter" Aubrey grinned, kissing Camilla's hand.

*

"I remember...I do. I just-" he paused. "I shouldn't even be worried about this, it's you I need to focus on. How are you feeling, baby?"

"Aubrey, I wanna know what wrong with you" Camilla shook her head at him. "Sometimes we should discuss your feelings rather than mine"

"I'm straight, I just had a moment. Now answer me, how are you feeling?" Aubrey sat back.

"I feel better, I went to see him earlier. The doctor said she thinks we'll be able to take him home soon, she said he's pretty much in the top health percentile for a premature child" Camilla smiled.

"Chubbs told me what was happening before I got here..." Aubrey took off his hood to look at her. "You really feel like that?"

"Kinda...it's difficult for me. I'm supposed to be responsible for this person's life, I couldn't even make sure he stayed in till full term. I'm supposed to be a good wife and if I had just taken the time to listen to you on that day, you would've not-"

"None of that is your fault. You are amazing at everything you do, he was just ready to come home early. You heard what the nurse said, he's healthy...that shooting is not your fault and I don't want you to think any of that makes you a bad mother or a bad wife" Aubrey smiled at her. "If I thought you'd be a bad wife or a bad mother, you wouldn't be the woman I chose to commit to for the rest of my life nor the woman I chose to have children with. I've known it's you I wanted to get married to and start a family with since I was a teenager"

Camilla bottom lip trembled as she tried to keep her emotions in tact. She eased herself off of the bed and sat on Aubrey's lap as he kissed along her neck.

"You should consider this hospital gown as a new look" Aubrey chuckled.

"It hides my fat, so maybe" Camilla laughed.

"You had a baby a day ago, give it some time" Aubrey furrowed his eyebrows at her. "You barely even gained any weight"

Aubrey's first instinct was to tell Camilla about his infidelity, but he worried that despite how strong they were. This wasn't something she could forgive.