twentyfive.

Two weeks had passed and Aubrey had been discharged from hospital. He would make full recovery soon and need some possible physio therapy but he was fine. Aubrey was lucky to be alive. If things had gone how Lorenzo intended, Camilla would've been a widow after only a day of marriage.

"Once this heals, I'm getting a tattoo over it" Aubrey said, touching the wound near his chest. It was covered with dressing to prevent infection. "Everytime I look at it, I get pissed"

"Don't think of it as a bad thing, think of it as a sign of how strong you are" Camilla looked down at the wound, then back up at Aubrey swallowing hard. "If you hadn't made it, I don't even know how I'd cope..."

*
"Mrs Graham..." the doctor came out of Aubrey's hospital room, her head was kept low and she swallowed hard before looking up at Camilla. "Your husband suffered a gunshot wound in one of the vital arteries. We-we tried our best, but unfortunately he hasn't made it..."

Camilla said let out a long sigh before falling to the floor. Brielle and Alisha quickly rushed over to her, kneeling on the floor to console her as they too experienced sadness over seeing their friend like this.

"This can't be true" Camilla cried out, her hand trembling, still with Aubrey's blood on them.

"I'm so sorry" The doctor put her hand over her mouth and walked away.

*
"Don't talk like that" Aubrey sighed. "I'm not gonna lie, all I know is I should've stopped all of this when you told me. God was teaching me a lesson with this"

"I know he was and I'm glad you know that" Camilla admitted.

"You're gonna be my nurse until I recover, right?" Aubrey chuckled as Camilla helped him onto the bed. His arm was in a sling, while one side of his chest was covered in dressing for protection and help to heal.

"Of course" she smiled. "You'll be in an even better condition"

"Oh word?" Aubrey smirked.

"Not like that" she laughed. "I just mean I'll be caring for you, properly"

"I know " he raised an eyebrow.

"No activity that can strain your body, remember?" Camilla smirked.

"We'll see" Aubrey chuckled.

"We really will" she stuck out her tongue. "Just so you know, my mom and your mom are still running the restaurant while we're here"

"They 'bout to have all them niggas in tip top shape"

"I know" she giggled. "They better not have any of them quit"

"My mom's the calm one, it's your mom we gotta worry about"

"You're just saying that cause my mom's the black one" Camilla joked.

"Not true, your dad isn't black and he's got a couple bodies. My dad ain't got any...that I know of"

"Ooh, touché" Camilla laughed. "Jokes aside, I'm praying nobody quits"

"I'll send in Baka and Chubbs to see what's going on" Aubrey stretched over to get his phone. "Speaking of Baka, Chubbs told me there was an issue with you guys?"

"Chubbs is such a fucking snitch..but no, not necessarily an issue..." Camilla remained tight lipped.

"So, what happened?"

"When you got shot, I was pissed and I told him it should've been him"

"C, come on..." Aubrey looked at her disapprovingly.

"I apologised!" Camilla folded her arms.

"You know if I had died, that would've stayed with him forever, right?"

"Yes, that's why I said sorry to him. I didn't mean it but I didn't know who to blame and I was upset" she sighed. "You wanna fight with me over Baka?"

"This isn't fighting, this is communicating, the exchanging of words" Aubrey said, sarcastically.

"Whatever, I'm going to go make something for myself to eat" Camilla turned to leave before being grabbed by Aubrey.

"Stop being like that" he pulled her onto his lap and kissed along her neck, making her giggle.

"No, you stop" she laughed, trying to push him away without much force to refrain from hurting him. Aubrey reached his hands into her leggings and rubbed her clit causing her to moan. "Au-Aubrey"

"You want me to stop?" Aubrey whispered in her ear.

"I wanna sit on it" she managed to let escape through the moans. Aubrey moved his hand, laid flat on his back and let Camilla straddle him while pulling down his jogging pants and boxers.

"Sit on it" Aubrey placed an arm on her back for stability. Camilla positioned herself on top of his piece before letting out a loud moan.

"Shiiiiiit" Aubrey groaned due to both pleasure from Camilla but pain from his wound as Camilla picked up the pace. "You must wanna be having twins-"

"Shhh" Camilla flung her head back and began going faster.

Before they knew it, Aubrey and Camilla had fallen asleep next to each other. Aubrey awoke because of the pain of Camilla pressing against his wound.

"Fuck-" Aubrey yelled, waking himself up out of his sleep, he lightly moved Camilla's head off of his chest.

"What happen- I'm sorry, baby" Camilla jumped up out of herself and saw Aubrey clutching his chest area. "I feel so bad now"

"It's alright, baby" he said, laying back down. "The pain was worth it"

"You want me to make you something to eat?" Camilla asked, redoing the ponytail that her hair was in. "I'm going to have a shower first, though"

"What time is it?" Aubrey squinted, grabbing his phone on the nightstand. "Nearly 4pm, uh, yeah we could eat now"

"What do you want?"

"What are you, what's the word? Craving?" He chuckled.

"Stir fry" she nodded to herself. "That'd be good right now. I wish my mom was here so she could cook it"

"You realise you're 25 years old, right? Your mom can't cook for you forever" Aubrey chuckled.

"Can you even boil water, Aubrey? Be quiet before you end up eating cereal" Camilla kissed her teeth.

"I'm playing, baby. Relax"

"I'm relaxed" Camilla said, still having an attitude. "I'm gone to have a shower, shout if you need me...or don't, maybe lay here and suffer"

"Ouch" Aubrey touched his chest playfully. "You gotta help me take one when you get out"

"Or I could fill you a bath and drown you in it" Camilla squinted her eyes at him. Aubrey just shook his head at her, grateful to be alive and with his wife.