twentyseven.

Aubrey awoke at the crack of dawn to see Camilla curled up in a ball right next to him. He smiled to himself, watching her breathe lightly. He tried to move without waking her, which failed considering Camilla was a light sleeper these days.

"Are you ok?" Camilla croaked, rolling over and opening her eyes to see Aubrey stood up.

"Sorry, I was trying not to wake you" Aubrey chuckled lightly. "I'm ok, baby. Don't worry" he said to her, planting a kiss on her lips. He knew she was being so over protective given his current state.

"Well, I'm up now so..." she yawned, stretching. "We need to do some grocery shopping today by the way" she added, picking up her phone from the nightstand.

"You wanna go now?" He added, sitting back down on the bed.

"What time is it now?"

"11, if we get up now we can go before 12"

"For once you wanna come grocery shopping with me" Camilla giggled. Aubrey wasn't one for grocery shopping, he hated having to walk around and wait in line, all of that stuff.

"It's only because you have me cooped up in this house" Aubrey chuckled, adjusting the sling his arm was in. "How long am I wearing this shit for?"

"Like, 6 weeks"

"That is so long"

"No one told you to go all James Bond over that stupid bi-"

"C, lets not do this. You just woke up" Aubrey chuckled. "And it wasn't over her, I wouldn't risk my life for anyone but you or my baby...or my momma"

"Yeah, yeah...let's get ready to go" Camilla pushed him playfully as she climbed out of bed. Aubrey watched her as she walked, taking in her growing stomach and changing body.

Within the next hour Aubrey and Camilla had arrived at the grocery storery. Camilla pushed the grocery cart while Aubrey just walked next to her, both were dressed down, Camilla in a plain sweatshirt and leggings, Aubrey in a sweatshirt and sweatpants with the hood pulled over his head.

"We did not come here for this" Aubrey laughed, turning to see Camilla picking up a 12 box of doughnuts.

"You didn't, but I did" she smiled, throwing the box into the cart. "I don't really remember what we needed but let's see how it goes"

"I forgot to tell you, I saw Leah last night" Aubrey spoke, causing Camilla stop the cart in the middle of the floor to catch herself. "Not like that C, I saw her when I was throwing out the trash"

"That makes more sense, rats do like trash" she nodded in agreement. "What'd she say?"

"She just wanted to apologise for everything, you know, typical Leah behaviour"

"And?" Camilla glared at him. "What else she say?"

"Nothing, but if you see her don't interact with her" Aubrey sighed. "I don't even want you caught up in this shit at all, if she sees you and tries to talk to you, don't acknowledge"

"I mean this is in the least disrespectful way baby, you are somebody's father but you are not mine so I definitely can't promise that I'll do that"

"You want me to go back to jail? Cause if she even raises a hand to you, I'll kill her"

"She can't raise her hand to me, I'll raise my foot up her ass" she said, still throwing things into the cart.

"Pretty soon you won't be able to see your feet, let alone raise it"

"You shut your mouth" she glared at him.

"All I'm saying is, we've had a stressful couple of months and we could do without anymore. We're parents now, our priorities have got to be different"

"Right, but you were about to be a husband when you were running around with Baka and Leah behind my back...so, what's the difference? Or is it because you're ready to let shit go"

"I'm not doing tit for tat with you right now, Camilla. I'm just saying, I learned from not listening and I don't want anything to happen to you or my kid"

"Alright, Aubrey" Camilla nodded, dismissing him slightly.

"Stop being like this" Aubrey said, putting his hand on grocery cart to keep them stationary. "I know this has been playing on your mind but I'm really trying to leave the past in the past- you know what? This isn't even the time or place for this right now"

"I'm not even arguing with you, I'm communicating" Camilla mimicked him in reference to the other day.

"Don't even do that" Aubrey kissed his teeth at her.

"Love you" Camilla giggled and cupped his face, planting a kiss on his lips.

"Love you too. Even if you are annoying" Aubrey slapped her ass as she carried on pushing the grocery cart.

"Oh, sorry-" the familiar voice spoke, causing Camilla and Aubrey to look up and see who it was.

It was Kennedy.

"It's fine" Camilla's eyes widened for a moment when she looked at Kennedy. They were about to move off before Kennedy stopped them again.

"I just wanna say, no hard feelings? I apologise to the both of you...for everything. If I'm honest, it just caught me by surprise and I guess, I was a bit jealous" Kennedy sighed. "I heard about the wedding as well, congrats"

"Thank you, I- uh, I appreciate it"

"Yeah, thanks" Aubrey nodded. "No hard feelings at all..." he looked at her, not believing she was genuine.

"I really just want us to be friends again, I felt so sad not being at the wedding or even the restaurant opening. You were right when you said we definitely should've not started a relati-situationship...so I was hoping we could just move on?" Kennedy forced a smile.

"Of course we can" Camilla spoke as Kennedy pulled her into a hug.

"I'll call you later, you still got the same number?"

"Yeah, I do" Camilla nodded slowly, seemingly confused as Kennedy spoke to her. Once Kennedy had left from where Aubrey and Camilla were, Aubrey's thoughts trailed off before he started speaking.

"You don't think that was weird?"he questioned, helping Camilla take something off of the top shelf.

"What was weird?"

"Kennedy"

"I do, but I'm not even going to pay attention to her"

"Just be cautious"

"I will" Camilla furrowed her eyebrows at him.