fourtyeight.

Camilla awoke the next morning on the couch, Aubrey was sat on the edge of the couch on his phone. She stared at his back, admiring his tattoos and the scratches she'd left on his back. They were both stripped down to just their underwear, snuggled up together and fingers interlocked. Both their necks and chests were filled with hickeys and scratches.

They looked at each other, remaining silent and confused. Alijah was still with Sandi which meant they had enough time to gather their thoughts before one of them went to get him.

"I know you're probably tired of hearing me say sorry, but I gotta say it again" Aubrey laughed. "I'm sorry for all of this and I'm sorry for grabbing you yesterday, that's not me and you know that's not me"

"I'm sorry too" Camilla sighed. "But, this is it Aubrey. No more chances, no more apologies"

"I don't need anymore chances, I won't hurt you again" Aubrey sighed with relief, kissing Camilla. "You really got the business last night" he touched the marks on her neck.

"So did you" Camilla smirked. "Sex isn't gonna fix anything though Aubrey"

"I know, but I can work on fixing things with my actions" he kissed her hand. "I have a surprise for you anyway, but you gotta give me a few days to get it together"

"That's fine, I need a few days to get it together anyway" she sighed, pointing to marks from her altercation with Gwen last night. "I fucked up real bad"

"Nah, it was the heat of the moment...I get it. I just think you gotta be mindful of your surroundings, you could've got stabbed with glass or something, C" Aubrey held her hand. "I fucked up too, but I don't want my mistake causing you to do nothing. I'm not that type of nigga to wanna see you fighting because of me"

"It was the alcohol, if I had seen her in daylight, I probably would've just cussed her out, I'm not physical until I drink" She looked down at her hands, feeling somewhat guilty as it began to trigger something in her. "I was drunk but I remember everything apart from the fight. It's like I blacked out"

"Sounds like you did, baby. They told me last night they had to take you to the emergency room to get glass removed from your foot bottom" Aubrey frowned at her. "You slept the whole journey home and then seemed fine after your shower, so I know you weren't drunk from that point"

"I wasn't drunk when you picked me up or when we got home, I just didn't feel like talking to you on the way home because I thought you'd yell at me" she laughed.

"I should've yelled at you, you think you're Floyd Mayweather huh?"

"I'd rather be Mike Tyson"

"You're too short, you gotta be Floyd" he teased. "Anyway, get up and get ready. I'll clean up quickly then go get the baby" he looked around.

"I'll clean, my foot feels better. Go get the baby and come back" she sat up. "You know what I was thinking though?"

"What?"

"I really wanna go to Jamaica, just us three. I don't wanna be here right now"

"You sure? In the middle of all this?"

"Definitely" Camilla bit her lip as she looked deep in thought. "We can get Alijah's passport sorted out by the end of this week, then we can go"

"That'd be real nice, yeah, let's do that" Aubrey nodded, kissing her on the lips.

Aubrey left to get the baby, leaving Camilla to clean up and get herself ready. By the time she had cleaned up, she heard a key in the door, thinking it was him she poked her head round to see it was her mother, Julianna, looking very unimpressed.

"Shit" Camilla said.

"You right, oh shit" Julianna said, putting her key on the kitchen island. "Sit down, we need to have a talk" she added, noticing Camilla's MacBook on the counter open on a page about vacations to Jamaica.

"About what?" Camilla said, spraying the counter with disinfectant and wiping it with a cloth as she tried to dodge her mother.

"I know you got arrested last night Camilla, they called me but I was sleeping then they got through to Aubrey" Julianna shook her head.

"Well, it wasn't anything" Camilla lied.

"Camilla! I called them! They told me what-, is that why you're planning going to Jamaica? You think you can run from your problems and go to Jamaica like last time?" Julianna paused and looked at Camilla. "Do you know what your name means, Camilla?"

Camilla rolled her eyes to herself, knowing what was coming and then turned around to face her mom.

"No, mom, I've never bothered to check"

"It means, free born, noble" Julianna said. "You think that everytime that you mess up and run away, that's you living up to your name?"

"I'm not running away"

"We are not doing shit like this again!" Julianna said, holding her hand over her face as Camilla remained quiet.

"You think I intended to do this? I didn't!" Camilla yelled.

"I don't care how old you are, don't ever feel bold enough to yell at me!" Julianna shot her a look.

"Sorry, mom" Camilla sighed.

"You have a problem when you drink, you become a whole new person, you think you can just go to Jamaica everytime something happens?"

"That's what you did" Camilla muttered.

"I did that if I thought we were in danger from your father, Camilla you are the danger in these situations. You did the same shit to that girl a couple years back! You cannot drink"

"I didn't do anything, where is Aubrey?" Camilla looked around for her phone.

"Camilla, sit down" Julianna sighed.

"No, why do you wanna talk about the past? I said I was sorry, she didn't press charges and we've all moved on. I don't need a reminder, I was like 21 or 22 when that happened"

"Oh my God!" Julianna breathed out, looking to see if Aubrey was coming. "She didn't drop the charges because you left, she dropped the charges because Shane got her to!"

"What?" Camilla turned around. "This was like 4 years ago?"

"I've known your father and Shane my whole life, obviously I was not talking to your father and I didn't want him to know what was happening because he probably would've just killed the girl. I told Shane, Shane would've not recognised you anyway but I wanted you in Jamaica just in case things backfired" Julianna confessed. "Shane paid her off, we never spoke about it again, hoping that you'd learn that you cannot drink"

"Why would you wait till now to tell me? If Gwen presses charges, then what?"

"Then you could be in trouble" Julianna shrugged. "You have a drinking problem"

"I'm not an alcoholic or anything-"

"It's binge drinking Camilla-"

Their conversation was interrupted by Aubrey walking through the door holding a takeout bag in one hand and Alijah in the next.

"What's going on?" Aubrey said, sensing the tension.

-

A/N:

Well, here's one secret Camilla has. If you remember in the early chapters of the book, Aubrey asked somebody about Camilla and they said last they heard she'd been in Jamaica, makes sense now.

This book will probably end soon, so I'm trying my best to fit in who killed LD, along with some more tings lol. I have a sequel planned but we'll see.