concerns

Elijah's POV

Soulmates are something one hears about but does not quite believe in, of course, most people love the thought of having someone in the world who is quite literally made for you but most shrug it off as something that's one in a million chance of actually happening. Even in the supernatural world, mates as we call them, are rare but once found, feels much more beautiful and intense than any human could imagine.

You could imagine my surprise when I found that person, the woman that has completely ruined any other possibility of me thinking or being with anyone else. Why would I want or need anyone else? My soul mate was right in front of me and I would burn the world to the ground before I allow her to be taken away from me. She is everything I had hoped for in a woman, she's beautiful, compassionate, protective and powerful, and to think that she's mine is completely astounding to me.

Spending the last few weeks with her, her two other mates and her family and friends has been a dream come true. I had been away from my own family for many years and for the first time since I was a child, I finally felt as if I belonged. I had spent a long time looking after my siblings to the best of my abilities and had constantly felt like a failure when things went wrong, especially when it came to Niklaus. However, when it comes to my beautiful Raven, I know that it's not just me that is there to protect her (not that she needs protecting) but her other mates too, well the ones that she has found so far.

Ever since I became a vampire, I had ventured all over the world and seen all the life-changing events that you learn about in history class. Throughout those times, I've met and turned a lot of people, gaining their loyalty which benefited me and my plans perfectly. Those plans consisted of keeping track of Niklaus and making sure I'm at least a couple of towns over if we happen to be in the same country.

My current concern is the fact that Niklaus was spotted in New York City just over a week ago with a few companions. The last thing I wanted was for him to come to Mystic falls and ruin the happiness I have finally found. Plus, Niklaus seeing the new doppelganger would mean his plan to break the so-called 'sun and moon curse' would reactivate. He had been obsessed with breaking the curse, even more so when Katerina escaped our clutches.

I knew Niklaus would do anything to break the curse, even if that meant sacrificing his brother to do so. Niklaus had a habit of sticking a dagger in our hearts-whenever we would aggravate him even a little bit, little things would seem like such a horrendous betrayal to him, even if we simply wanted to go and live our lives elsewhere.

Hopefully one day, he would push past his explosive temple, his insecurities and abandonment issues and simply enjoy his immortal life.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
3rd Person

"What's on your mind, handsome?" Raven was sat on one end of the table with a cushioning charm on her seat, she had been sitting in the same spot for a few hours because she finally decided to complete George's rune tattoos. George sat, gritting his teeth in pain whilst Elijah enjoyed a cup of tea and a good book about magical creatures.

Elijah looked up from the book, though he had remained on the same page for about twenty minutes because he was so lost in thought. She paused and looked towards her mate, giving George time to relax before continuing with his tattoo.

"I was told that Niklaus is in New York, which means he's getting closer and I'm not entirely sure what he wants-except to completely frustrate me, of course," He snorted and shook his head, wanting to make sense of his brother's motives but Niklaus had always been impulsive, never knowing what he would do one minute to the next.

"Perhaps he wants to see his big brother?" she suggested but knew that it was quite unlikely, she didn't know much about their relationship but what she did know was it was strained and toxic at the best of times.

"Not quite sure about that, my witch" He chuckled but she could see the sadness in his eyes because, despite everything that has happened between them, he loves his brother dearly. Not waiting for a response, Elijah turned back to his book and with a sigh, Raven resumed her work of art.

"Thank fuck we escaped" The trio heard a familiar voice from the entrance hall, one pair of footprints entered the home followed by four more.

"Sweethearts, are you home?" Damon called out and received a strained reply from George, who had his eyes screwed shut due to the pain in his shoulder blade. The footsteps approached the room and Damon entered, followed by Stefan, Bonnie, Tyler and Fred, all looking relieved with a hint of annoyance.

"What happened?" Elijah questioned with a frown, placing his book face down on the table as he gave the four his full attention. Damon walked towards his mate and boyfriend, placing a kiss on their lips before taking a seat beside Elijah, who called a house elf to serve some snacks and more tea. Tyler greeted Raven with a kiss on the temple and a warm smile to George and Elijah, who reached up and ruffled the teen's hair. Bonnie received a kiss from her parents whilst Stefan smiled and nodded towards the three mates before digging into some food and a goblet filled with Dragon's blood.

"Elena" Everyone groaned as Tyler mentioned the girl who had been giving the family a huge headache for the last week or so, especially when she found out that Tyler was not only living with Raven and George but they have full custody of him. In her eyes, they were trying to convert her friends and boyfriend to their side and had been trying to convince them that Raven was the bad guy.

Caroline had started dating Matt once again and from what they all saw when the couple came to visit, they seemed rather happy and much more serious than they were before, according to Bonnie anyway.

"Don't you think it's time you broke up with her?" Damon said to his brother in frustration, not understanding what his brother was still doing with the girl, especially with all the hassle she has been causing them all. Stefan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Just trust me, okay? Despite how annoying she is, she doesn't deserve to die but I will leave her when it's the right time. No more nagging!" The group watched the vampire speed from the room and out of the back door.

"Quite the drama queen isn't he" This earned a round of laughs from the group, but Damon was worried about his brother and hated not knowing what his plan was. To him, it didn't matter because his brother's stupid plan was making him miserable and ever since Raven came into the picture, he and his brother had grown close. unfortunately, his concern for his brother had heightened tenfold since they became civilised and whenever his brother acted out of character, Damon's mind went haywire and came up with so many ridiculous but equally horrifying scenarios.

"He'll be fine, Day" George whispered in his boyfriend's ear before placing a kiss on the vampire's cheek, making him smile but only slightly.

"I hope he knows what he's doing"

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Sorry about the short chapter but to be honest, I've had terrible writer's block for a while now and can't seem to come up with anything exciting for the next chapters. I apologise if it's boring!

Nonetheless, I hope you are enjoying the story so far and would love to hear your feedback! Also, thank you so much for all the support and I highly appreciate it!