OUR NIGHTS: FOREPLAY (CHAPTER 1)

Shehnaaz stood at the entrance and took in the details of her new, forever den. It was an average sized room. Pale, creamy walls. Floor-length golden drapes. White LED lighting. An intricately designed teak-wood bed. Inbuilt wardrobes. Marble-patterned vitrified flooring.

Six months back, Shehnaaz had boldly ventured out into an unknown terrain which marked a new phase in her life. At that time, all that she was concerned about was her final destination Sidharth Shukla. It had seemed like an attractive idea then. Spending the rest of her life with a guy who was sizzling hot, funny, smart, and very much like her.

"You guys look great together!

"Wow. Your fiancee is damn hot

"You're going to make such beautiful babies!

Compliments galore! And she loved them. But now, when Shehnaaz looked back, she realized that she had wandered far-far away and reached a point where she was all alone with a man she didn't know too well. A pang of panic shot through. And... his presence in the room only added to it.

On seeing him, her heart skipped a few beats. Maybe even added a few. More so when he glanced over his shoulder, saw her and returned a smirk. Sidharth had already changed into a cozy shirt and dark tracks. "All over? he rolled up his sleeves and gave a final push, all the way to his elbows.

"The elders are still up, she said and latched up the door.

"And now... Sidharth took a step or two towards her. "...We are going to be! A sharp tug from him! She rammed right into his chest.

"Sidharth! Shehnaaz gasped weakly

"Shh! I've been waiting for his night. Sidharth placed a finger on her luscious, red lips and fixed his deep, unblinking stare at her wide-eyed one. Shehnaaz became increasingly aware of the closing distance in between them. The heat that radiated from his torso into hers reminded her even so. Her heart thumped hard, her face flushed hot. The anticipation of what was at hand a kiss, and more, freaked her out. Inch by inch.

Shehnaaz was a typical Indian girl. A virgin. Brought up within the boundaries of their culture. Hence, it was a traditional alliance, to begin with. The both of them had met several others before bumping into each other. But an hour into their telephonic conversation, Sidharth knew that she was the one. "I'll be talking to your dad, he had said, "going to ask him to hand you over. I want you!

They spent a good six months after that, chatting several times over the day through different modes, getting to know each other before they finally tied the knot.

In those six months, this was the first time Shehnaaz stood so close to him. Throughout the day, she had made several attempts to look him straight in the eye. Some, under instructions (from wedding photographers and videographers) and some, out of her own desire. But each time she did, something in Sidharth's eyes burnt a hole right through her.

"Baby, get closer. Closer. More! Now, look into his eyes!

Shehnaaz had a quick flashback of the photographer instructing her on how to pose with him under a tree. She had tried then. Sidharth was ridiculously tall. She had to tilt her head all the way back to get a glimpse of his face. When her eyes finally met his, it fluttered shut.

The same happened so, even now. Looking into his eyes got her guts churning violently. She quickly turned away, swallowed hard and blushed fiercely.

 Sidharth smirked, thrilled at the effect he had on her. Her smile. The blush that crept up her bubbly cheeks. Her beautiful, silky hair. Her innocence. Cuteness. The arousing scent of her skin. Everything about her drove him crazy! Eyes half-closed and unblinking, he slowly leaned in to place a kiss to inaugurate their first night.

Shehnaaz stood there, head turned to the side, chest rising and falling in anticipation. The brush of his stubbles, the warmth of his skin and breath, drew closer to the side of her neck. An electrifying sensation tingled on the surface of her skin, detonated and shuddered down in one huge wave, all the way down to the tips of her entire being. Shehnaaz cringed in response, gasped and stumbled free from his hold. Whatever was about to happen, did things to her. Things that got her panting for air.

Sidharth smirked up at her. He bit his lower lip and wrung his stubbles. He liked it playing hard to get. He took a step forward, one at a time and Nandini reciprocated with another, backward.

Sidharth narrowed his eyes and hissed through gritted teeth, as though he were on fire. Then SHOT OUT for her!

With a SHRIEK, Shehnaaz CATAPULTED to the other side of the room and burst out LAUGHING!

"Shh! Sidharth hushed, a finger held over his smiling lips. Quickly, he glanced over his shoulder. He was dead sure that their voices did float out of the room. "Quiet! he hissed. But Shehnaaz couldn't! His touch (well, almost) did trigger a violent wave of tickles all over her.

His eyes shone with a new light. Then, he reached out and trapped her in his arms. Her cackles died down to quiet giggles. "You're so beautiful, Sidharth complimented huskily.

Her heart raced, all fun died out. And with that, all those horrifying tales of first-time sex and advice on first-night manners came back to her.

"My first was painful. I bled. For two days.

"Men love sex. They can't live without it.

"You might not be in the mood. But never refuse. Your entire marriage depends on it.

"There's a membrane inside you called as the hymen. Deep-deep inside. On your first, it tears. Her insides writhed. What possibly happens during first-time sex that, ugh, tears' off a virgin's membrane? Terrifying images of Sidharth grappling and pinning her to the bed flashed before her eyes. Followed by her screams. Then, an ecstatic Sidharth, driving into her core, hard and fast.

"I need a shower, Shehnaaz said abruptly.

Shehnaaz paused. The light from his eyes disappeared. "What? he asked, surprised.

"I need a shower, she repeated.

"We'll shower together, Sid tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"No, not now.

Her outright and unintentional rejection seemed to have done its damage. But Sidharth seemed cool about it. "Fine, I'll wait. Hurry up.

"Okay, Shehnaaz answered and quickly collected a fresh set of her clothes for the night, then, made a mad dash for the bathroom

Once under the shower, Shehnaaz took her time, contemplating, thinking it over, analyzing and gathering courage. She couldn't forget the look on Sidharth's face when she said no. Shehnaaz she was in a dilemma. One, she had to go back in, where Sidharth waited with bated breath so that he could riddle her with his load. Two, she couldn't stay back and pretend to bath either. It could cost her marriage.

Decision made, she stepped out of the bathroom, her wet hair spread out behind her. When she did, a loud snore hit her ears, that of Sidharth's! There he was. Dead asleep like a log, mouth open and snoring to high heaven!

Shehnaaz stood over for a moment and watched him dearly. The way he slept was intriguing on his tummy, the side of his face squashed onto the pillow, tongue out and drool trickling down the side of his open mouth.

Relieved, Shehnaaz quietly tucked into bed. Sidharth was asleep. Which means, no sex! Whew! She took a deep breath and cozied under the covers. It felt weird, sleeping in with a man, so she kept a good distance and slept on the very edge of the bed. She was used to the sole ownership of her sleeping space. Not anymore.

Lost in thoughts, Shehnaaz didn't realize when fatigue finally took over.

x-x-x-x-x

Deep into her sleep, a pair of strong hands grabbed her shoulders and shook her hard. Shehnaaz woke up with a start. The room was dark. Yet, she could see a figure hovering over her. It was Sidharth, with a sly smile on his face.