Convincing Part 3

Sidharth was waiting for the drinks when he felt eyes on him. He turned. Asim was standing about three feet from him, a glass in his hand, leaning against the bar. "So." Sidharth raised his eyebrows. They never spoke outside work and he much preferred it that way. "Yes?" He said coolly. Jeh smirked. "Think I don't know, d'you?" Sidharth's eyebrow rose. "What do I think you don't know?" Asim's face went dark as he set his now empty glass on the bar, gesturing for a refill. "You know. That s*** you're f******."

Sidharth went very still. "I beg your pardon."

Jeh wasn't smart enough to shut up. "Sleeping with you at the same time she was f****** me," he said viciously. "Y'know, I thought you went for class, not well-dressed w*****."

He laughed, seeing Sidharth's clenched jaw. "Have you got her in hand, bro? 'Cause if you haven't, no telling when she'll do it to you-"

He said no more...because Sidharth finally did what he'd wanted to do for a year. He punched the slimeball in the face. Asim staggered, but didn't go down, an ugly sneer marring his face. "You going to pick a fight over that ice b****?"

Sidharth hit him again, drawing even more attention, but he didn't care. He heard a crack, blood spurting out of the nose he'd broken, but he didn't stop. Sidharth grabbed Asim's collar, his hands at the other man's throat, who tried, in vain, to get away.

"Don't take her name with your filthy mouth, scumbag," he hissed, right before he let Jeh go...who stumbled into a chair.

The next two punches took out some of his teeth.

He heard screams, sounding vaguely familar, hands reaching him, trying to pull him back, but Sidharth didn't want to stop.

Asim was snivelling now, making garbled apologies, but Sidharth wouldn't stop...until he was forcibly pulled away by two hefty bouncers...and Shehnaaz. Shehnaaz couldn't believe what she had heard Sidharth yell as he beat up Asim. "You aren't worth the scum on the heel of her shoes, you f****** b******!" He was shouting. "How dare you!" Even when they were pulling him off, he was fighting them. "Let me at him!" He yelled furiously. "All these months! You son of a - "

She'd been shocked at the language she was hearing Sidharth use right now.
Shehnaaz caught Rashmi's eye, who looked positively furious at Asim, nodded to Shehnaaz, mouthing "Go," as the bouncers marched Sidharth out.

"I'll take responsibility for him," she said to them, firmly taking Sidharth's arm. "See you do, ma'am," they replied, and they were left alone. "Sidharth?" "Don't," he bit out. "Don't you f****** ask me to say I'm sorry, because I'm not." "Shut up," said Shehnaaz. "I'm taking us back to the hotel. You and I need to talk." It took hardly five minutes to get back to their hotel, then their rooms.

They walked in silence through the lobby, Sidharth's anger cooling...only to be replaced by regret and shame.

He'd lost control. In front of her.
He glanced at her profile, but her head was down. But she was holding his arm, still, so he was going to take that as encouragement.

He opened his mouth to say something, but the words stuck in his throat. He wasn't sorry. He couldn't tell her he was. For so long, he'd kept his head down, avoiding any interactions with Asim, or his friends. He'd gritted his teeth and done it because she'd asked him to!

They took the elevator to their floor, but worryingly, Shehnaaz pulled him to her room once she'd unlocked it.

"Stay right there," Shehnaaz told him sternly. "I'm getting a bandage for your hand." His hand? Then he raised his hand. The knuckles were scraped and bleeding. How had he not noticed that? It didn't look nice

Shehnaaz rummaged in her things and came out with antiseptic and bandage. She cleaned his hand and put antiseptic on it, then bandaged it. And then she finally met his defiant gaze.