005

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
ɪ ʜʀs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʜʀ

   𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘. 𝐈𝐕𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 and wished to just fall back to sleep. Her throat ached and the purple bags under her eyes proved how tired she felt. So very tired but, Ms. Weems informed that the Sheriff needed to talk. Ivy was allowed the morning off, the bump on her head that night allowing her to do so.

Ivy reluctantly got up and begun to get ready. Standing before the mirror on her dresser, her black painted nails grazed across the red bruise on her neck. She gulped back the lump forming in her throat and casted her eyes away from the red mark and finished getting ready to go and make her way to the office before lessons.

"Come in." Weems voice echoed out after Ivy knocked and the red head walked in, shutting the door behind her. Wednesday glanced at the Bassett girl before looking back down to the officer.

"What were you two doing in the woods with Rowan, Miss. Addams, Miss. Bassett?"

"We heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate." Wednesday stated as Ivy stood close behind her. "That's when we stumbled upon the attack."

"Then what happened?"

Ivy's voice was horse, but spoke anyway. "I got there first and went to use my abilities but got pushed back. I don't remember anything else after."

Wednesday continued. "I ran into Bianca Barclay, and I told her to go for help. Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm."

Sheriff looked between the two, "And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?"

"No." Ivy said the same time Wednesday began, "I've hibernated with grizzlies. I know the difference."

"Thank you, Sheriff." Principle Weems stood. "I think Miss Adams and Miss Bassett are done now."

Wednesday, however, objected, "Actually, I would like to speak to Sheriff Galpin. Alone."

"I'm not sure I can allow that."

Ivy looked just as surprised at the man. Why would Wednesday tell the Sheriff the truth. No one else did and he attest has motive to not trust a word that comes out their mouth. "I'm sure I could take her, or both, to the station to get a formal statement." Sheriff Galpin said and Ivy looked to the Addams girl, wondering her motive. "Yeah, let's go."

"Fine. You have five minutes, and everything is off the record." Weems stood to give them the room. "Play nice. . . or I will call the mayor."

The moment Weems was out of earshot, Wednesday was already pestering the man, "Someone is trying to cover up Rowan's murder. That's the only reason to scrub the crime scene."