013

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍ᴄᴜʀɪᴏsɪᴛʏ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
ᴄᴜʀɪʏ ɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʜ ᴄᴀᴛ

             𝐈𝐕𝐘 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, walking down the streets in town with Xavier beside her, hands shoved in his pocket. "What. . . uh, what are you looking for?"

       Ivy shrugged, glancing in the shops windows around. "White. Silver. That is the theme, right?" The red head looked over her shoulder at the boy.

     Xavier nodded his head and the duo carried on in silent for a few more minute till Xavier broke the tension with the question on his mind. "I didn't know you liked Wednesday?"

     Ivy stopped in front of him. "I didn't know you did." Xavier went to say something but stuttered over his words. "I kinda thought it would be fun to drag Wednesday along."

     "Well she must like you if she agreed to go."

     Ivy looked down. She kinda thought about the time she's been spending with Wednesday. It was a lot of her time. And Ivy wasn't really that all focused on the monster like Wednesday was, she just liked being around the Addams girl. She's smart, dark humour, pretty, really pretty and. . . she was falling for Wednesday.

     "I don't know. . . It's a mystery."

     Ivy joined back beside Xavier and the two went into one of the small shops, Ivy flicking through the dresses. "If I wear any other colour do you think Bianca would kill me?"

     Xavier chuckled, "The question is are you going to let her affect your life?"

     Ivy continued to riffle through the clothing rack. "I think you should ask yourself that."

               "𝐗𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐑

            "𝐗𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓." Ivy called out to the boy, following him to his shed. Thing gave Ivy a heads up, but when she opened the door to the shed, the two were already there.

     "What the hell you doing?" Xavier voiced before looking over to Ivy who just stepped in. "Both of you?"

     Wednesday just came out with the truth, "How do you know what the monster looks like? Or are these all just self-portraits?"

     Xavier scoffed, "What, you two think it's me? I save your guys' life."

     "So did the monster." Ivy voiced.

     "Or was that you the night Rowan was killed?" Wednesday added.

     The Thorpe boy sighed, rubbing a hand down his face. He was tired and annoyed of these accusations. "You two are so out of line now."

      "We're just trying to uncover the truth." Ivy glanced to the raven haired girl. "And your art seems to have a recurring theme." Xavier couldn't really get himself out of that. The walls were literally lined with pencil drawings of the monster. It was a bit hard to deny.

     "This creature's been haunting my dreams for the past couple of weeks. I try to block it out, but I can't. So I just. . . come in here to paint it. When I was painting this one, claws reached out and took a swipe at me." Xavier explained. "That's how I got these."

     Wednesday wasn't as convinced, "I thought you were able to control your ability."

     "Not when it comes to this."

     "Maybe it's just your guilty conscience."

     "I told you both I'm not the monster, okay?"

      Wednesday reached into her pocket for one of the drawings, holding it out. "So you just happen to draw pictures of it, down to the location of its lair in the woods? Those are some pretty vivid dreams."

     Xavier turned to his red headed friend. "Your my friend, Iv. Are you seriously believing what she has to say?"

     The witch stepped to the side, closer to Wednesday. "I'm sorry, but this. . . this isn't just forgive and forget, move on and be done with this."

     Xavier then realised. "You two were in here. . . Before, when I caught you outside. That's the only reason for that excuse about the Rave'N. To try and cover you both. And I thought you had feelings, that you actually liked Ivy. You both are unbelievable."

     Ivy stepped forward but Xavier stepped back, betrayed. "It's nothing personal, X."

      "No, it never is with you two, is it?" Xavier yelled and Ivy looked down. "I mean, do you even care about anyone or anything at all, Wednesday? Do you care if Ivy gets hurt because of your obsession with this monster?" Wednesday looked away and Xavier turned to the red head.

     "Seriously, Ivy. I have been nothing but kind and patient to you since you arrived and yet you stab me in the back, for what? Because you have a silly little crush on the new girl. Because the smallest bit of attention from her and your playing detective, risking everything."

     Ivy looked up at her so called friend, tears burning her vision. She didn't mean to hurt him, she wanted the truth, answers. Xavier was the only one that Ivy had ever told about liking girls. She was scared to add that to a list of things people can hold over her. And yet, he just outed her to someone she genuinely liked.

     The red head swallowed back the lump in her throat and left the shed behind.

     "Ivy." The read head wiped the tears off her cheek, storming away from the two. It may seem like this was a stupid situation to cry over, but this was ivy. She knew the feeling of this. She trusted Xavier, something that was hard for her, and he outed her, knowing she didn't want to be. "Ivy!" Wednesday yelled again, jogging to the girls side. The red head stopped, turning to her.

     "No, I get it, okay. Pity me because I have no friends or a life and that's fine. I've been bullied enough to know when I'm being used for personal gain. Of course I didn't see it."

     Wednesday shook her head, she wouldn't admit the hurt either word caused her. She wouldn't admit that small gaze across her eyes were unwilling tears because Ivy was mad at her and she didn't know why she felt like this. It really sucked to know that Ivy was mad at her.

     "Forget about the dance, you probably would anyways." Ivy walked away, leaving behind the Addams girl to ponder her own thought and decision.