010

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢᴘɪᴇs

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
ᴍᴜ ғʀ ʜ ᴍᴀɢᴘɪs

           𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐏𝐓 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐉𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐎 and Ivy sat in the middle of the belchers, another hot cup of cocoa in hand to try and prevent a cold from lying in the rain earlier.

      "It is my honour to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone." The Mayor gestured to the bronze statue behind. "Now, he believed that with a heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a moment to celebrate his memory."

     "Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity." The band behind began to play Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac. It was underwhelming to say the least. The fountain statue started and people cheered.

     Ivy let out a tired sigh, dropping her hand beside her and snapping her fingers together, a small flame setting alight, sinking into the trail below. Ivy crossed her arms over her chest, sitting back and waiting.

      Suddenly, the statue of Crackstone was set ablaze. The explosion alarming the citizens before they ran, leaving the town square.

     Ivy crossed one leg over the other, fascinated by the music Wednesday began to play, she'd never actually seen the Addams girl play something that was her specialty. Ivy ignored everyone screaming, running to safety around her and focused on the raven haired girl who looked as unbothered by the distraction as Ivy did.

     The only ones left in the middle of the square were Wednesday, Ivy and the burning statue of Joseph Crackstone.

              "𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

            "𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑." Weems hissed, pacing before the fireplace as both Ivy and Wednesday was seated. "The mayor is furious! I've lost count of the number of angry phone calls, email, and people in the town, alumni and parents. They want answers and so do I."