Chapter 5

Don't forget to play the song <3 !

Beach house - Space Song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra's POV

Pretending that Enid didn't live with me was getting increasingly harder because she was THERE. Dancing to her favorite pop songs with a big smile on her face, singing along to them, humming along to them. She was omnipresent, in every way, shape or form. Let's not talk about her smell. Jesus. It was invading every single corner of the room. I'm not saying she smells bad. Of course she doesn't. She smells like a bowl of summer fruits with a hint of vanilla. It was nice but way too happy, way too joyful. Way too Enid. It was too much. Every time she would be there, she would also act as if I wasn't there, completely disregarding my presence. If I said I was COMPLETELY happy about that would honestly be a lie.

Because yes, something about her ignoring me gave me the same feeling I felt when she was with that Ajax boy: the knife being twisted repeatedly in my gut. Very unpleasant.

Today, she brought back Yoko to our room as I was working on a math assignment. Math is easy, I love it.

"Ugh, Yoko! I can't seem to understand a single thing in Math." She whined. My ears perked up, but I didn't budge and continued solving the exercise.

"Did you try at least?" Yoko asked.

She sighed and then chuckled. "Yes. I did. But it seems to me that I'm very dense when it comes to Math."

Not only Math. You seem to be dense when it comes to everything. Especially when it comes to me telling you to leave me alone.

Now don't ask me why I did what I did but I swiftly stoop up which startled them both. Enid raised her eyebrow at me. And then I said something that I somehow knew I was going to regret.

"I can help you out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The looks of pure shock that drew themselves on their faces was priceless. I didn't make a reaction and shoved my hands in my jeans pocket, waiting for a reply.

"E-Excuse me?" Enid stuttered in disbelief. I wanted to laugh at her expressions but refrained myself.

I just shrugged. "Yeah, I could help."

She stood up and furrowed her eyebrows at me. "A few days ago, you said you wanted nothing to do with me. Now, you're proposing to help me out?"

I smirked. "If that would cut down your puppy whining, then yes. I will help you out."

She scoffed while crossing her arms. "I do not whine like a puppy."

I took a step closer to her. "You sure as hell do. See, the ghosts are not the only thing keeping me up all night. Your whimpering and your teeth grinding do, all the time."

I could see the smoke coming out of her ears and it was really fucking hilarious. "That's not true."

I laughed out loud. "I should probably record you next time you do that."

She blushed profusely. I love it when she blushes. Her pale cheeks turn a bright pink. It's quite adorable. "You scream in your sleep and if you don't, you talk super loudly. It's really annoying."

I clenched my jaw. "You do know I can't control that."

It was her turn to smirk at me. "Not my problem."