Epilogue

Ezra's POV:

My wounds had finally healed after three weeks just like the nurse had said. My arms were lined with thin white scars and while I felt relatively insecure at first about them, I was much comfortable now. Enid sure helped making me feel better about myself. She always did anyway. I was so grateful for her.

We were packing our stuff together since we were both leaving to our respective homes for an undefined break after the gruesome battle. As I was closing my suitcase, I heard my girlfriend sniffle from her side of the room. I turned to look at her. Her back was to me but her shoulders were shaking a bit.

I felt my stomach twist at the idea of her being sad and walked over to her. I placed a hesitant hand on her shoulder. Her head snapped in my direction and she quickly wiped her eyes. Her nose was red and her cheeks were stained with cheeks.

"E..." I cooed, engulfing her in a hug. She broke down in my arms and clung to me, grabbing fistfuls of my sweater.

"It's okay, it's okay. Let it out." I whispered soothingly, kissing the top of her head.

She kept crying and buried her face in the crook of my neck. I sighed and played with her hair softly, getting a whiff of her perfume as I did so.

"Why are you crying, angel?" I asked gently.

She sniffled some more before pulling away from my embrace and wiping her eyes. "I don't want to go back home..." She mumbled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Because of your mom, right?"

She nodded her head and looked away. "Not only that... I'm not going to be able to see you until school starts again."

"Ouch... What if I wanted to visit you?" I feigned hurt. Her eyes widened in surprise before she broke into a grin.

"You mean that? You would actually visit me?" She said, sounding excited and hopeful.

I chuckled, stroking her cheek. "Of course puppy! You think I can stay away from you for so long?" I joked with a smile.

She visibly relaxed before wrapping her arms around my neck and leaning closer. I placed my forehead on hers and kissed her nose. She pouted and I burst out laughing. I loved how needy she can get. I slowly leaned in and she huffed in frustration before connecting our lips fervently and intensely. I immediately reciprocated.

We kept kissing until someone suddenly barged in. We quickly pulled away.

"Ugh..." Yoko said in disgust. "You guys make me sick."

Enid's face had turned a bright shade of red and I glared at Yoko.

"What do you want Tanaka?" I snapped.

She smirked. "Well... I hate to interrupt this very heated make out session but both of your rides are here and are waiting for you."

I nodded, looking at Enid whose face had dropped again. I turned to Yoko. "Could you give us a moment? I think they could wait 5 minutes."

Yoko nodded after having noticed the sad look on her best friend's face. She gave us both a soft smile, waved and left.

I grabbed my girlfriend by the shoulders and tilted her chin up to make her look at me. Tears had started welling up at the corners of her eyes.

"Listen..." I started. "Inform your parents that I'll be coming to San Francisco in about 10 days. That will give me enough time to catch up with my parents. Could you wait 10 days for me, baby?" I asked softly.

She nodded her head, her lips pursed and took a deep breath. "Yes, yes I can."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her tightly. She exhaled like she had been holding her breath for the longest time as soon as she wrapped her arms around me back. I pulled away and gave her one last long look.