Chapter 22

Enid's POV:

I was shocked as I was witnessing the interaction between my girlfriend and Sheila. So our primary suspect was not the killer or at least the mastermind behind all of this. Then who was it?

"Did you hear that?" James asked, his jaw clenched.

"Uhu... The only person able to control spirits other than Ezra in this school is Sheila. It doesn't make any sense..." I whispered back in disbelief.

"Correction: Sheila can sense spirits but she cannot control them. We forgot about that." He explained.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I thoughts witches had control over spirits."

James shook his head. "With limits. They can hold séances and convoke like one or two. If Ezra learns how to fully use her powers, she might be able to revive all spirits at once. However that would take a lot of her energy and she might collapse just like at the Rave'N."

I nodded my head, my eyes not leaving Ezra who looked shocked and wasn't moving at all. Sheila dropped to her knees as the effects of the voice of truth had worn off. She was coughing.

"Do you believe me now?" She choked out weakly then proceeded to let out a small sob.

Ezra stayed put. She just stared at her with an emotionless look on her face.

"I don't know what to say..." Ezra mumbled.

"They killed him. They murdered him. They took away his life." She cried out.

Ezra rubbed the back of her head. She hated displays of feelings and emotions. She was always awkward about them. It took us a while before she adapted to my way of displaying emotions.

"Come on, Sheila. It's okay. Murder happens." Ezra scoffed. My eyes widened. She did have a tendency to be insensitive about death. But then again, I was used to her.

Sheila's head snapped at her. I couldn't see her face since her back was to me. I was sure though, that she was glaring at her. All of the sudden, she stood up.

"Piss off."

Ezra rolled her eyes and Sheila brushed past her, making her way back to school. I walked over to my girlfriend and placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly, stroking it.

"I can't believe it!" She yelled out in a frustration. "Our only suspect turned out to be innocent. We lost our only lead."

I sighed and grabbed her hand. "It's okay, we'll figure it out. Feel like having a cup of coffee for a change of mood?"

She looked at me and gave me a small smile before nodding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we reached the Weathervane's, it was not as packed as usual. Some normies were giving us some weird looks. We were in our Nevermore uniforms and we were two girls, who obviously looked well... not straight. Ezra's eyes pierced them like daggers and they didn't dare come closer. That was hot, honestly...

"What do you want, pup?" She asked in my ear, startling me.

I glared at her. "Don't you even think about it. This time, it's on me."

"No." She simply blurted out.

I shook my head then shrugged. "Fine! I won't take anything."

Her eyes widened. "I-I'll have my regular black double shot espresso."

I smirked then winked. "Good girl."

She clenched her jaw, a pink hue finding itself on her cheeks. "Shut up."