Chapter 30 - FINAL CHAPTER

Ezra's POV:

I woke up in what looked like the nurse's office at Nevermore. My vision was blurry. Everything felt foggy. My whole body and face were numb. I moved a bit.

My vision had cleared up and I was able to see. I looked around only to find Enid, sitting on a chair and sleeping with her head resting on my bed. Her fingers were intertwined with mine. I smiled. My mouth felt dry so I coughed a bit.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me, only to jolt up in surprise and squeeze my hand.

"You're awake." She whispered, her voice raspy and tired. I took a quick look at her: she seemed paler than usual and there were dark bags under her eyes.

I cracked a smile. "Yeah."

Her blue eyes got filled with tears. She stood up.

"You're alive. Oh my God, you're alive..." She choked out before sobbing.

I sat up and reached out to caress her face only to find out that my whole armed were bandaged. "Come here..." I mumbled.

She shook her head. "Your body is still weak. When you'll feel better, we'll cuddle." She said, with a small smile.

I smiled back. "Alright."

She intertwined our fingers again and stroked the back of my hand softly. "You want to hear what happened?"

"Sure. But first of all, when was the last time you slept properly?" I asked frowning.

She chuckled nervously and scratched the back of her head. "It doesn't matter. What matters is that you're alive, Ez."

I huffed in annoyance. "Enid. Tonight, you're getting some good sleep."

She laughed. "If it's next to you, then of course I would be." She winked at me, making me smile. My girl was back.

"Now tell me what happened after I collapsed."

She sighed. "Well... You lost a lot of blood. Turns out the blood sacrifice also meant that you would sacrifice your own blood. And you did. So after losing so much blood, you passed out and we had to take you urgently to the nurse's office. You were out for 5 days."

"So you haven't slept for 5 days..." I said lowly.

She snickered. "I'm telling you you almost died and all you seem to care about is if I slept?"

I cleared my throat. Damn it was dry. "Yes, E. Because I want you to be okay. I want you to be healthy. Have you eaten at least?"

She looked away sheepishly. I frowned at her and put two fingers under her chin to make her look at me. "Unacceptable. We're going out tonight. And you'll have the best steak."

She laughed wholeheartedly, her eyes turning small, like two moon crescents. "Fine by me. We haven't gone on a proper date since this whole mess started."

I chuckled. "Yeah... I'm sorry about that."

"Nooo... Baby!" She cooed, caressing my cheek in the softest way possible. "I didn't mean it like that. We both had more important matters to handle."

I leaned into her touch and kissed her hand. "I love you." I simply responded.

She grinned. "I love you more. Now let me call the nurse to see if you can leave now."

She left the room and as I waited for her, I noticed some gifts on my table. They were from various students. One gift did catch my eye and it was from my parents. They visited me while I was here?