Chapter 26

Enid's POV:

Walking hurt. My legs were wobbly and shaky. I leaned against Ezra for support as she snickered repeatedly. I'd give her my death stare but it didn't matter, she kept making fun of me.

Our relationship took a weird turn after yesterday night. Ezra didn't mind us touching each other in public. Not in that way. But the subtle touches, the cute romantic ones. She even initiated most of them.

"Enid, sweetie? Did you work out yesterday?" Yoko said, with a cocked eyebrow.

I gave her a weird look. "Why?"

"Your legs are literally vibrating." She stated.

My eyes widened and I felt myself blush. Ezra smirked at me. "Yeah, Enid. How was that workout?"

I gulped. "N-None of your business. Both of you."

They both started laughing. I slapped Ezra's arm which made her laugh intensify. Yoko explained that it was clear as daylight that we had fucked. Ezra was more in control of her limbs than me though.

We chatted a bit until I saw something that made my heart drop. Gary. He looked terrible. He had gotten another scar on his face. He was pale and had dark bags under his eyes, pretty pathetic. I almost felt bad.

Ezra nudged me. "What's up with him?" She whispered.

I shook my head, my lips pursed. "I have no clue."

He walked past us and gave us a small smile. Nothing was adding up. Gary was a primary suspect and now he looked like he had gotten a heavy beating. The scar could be from the Hyde. But how could we find out?

All of the sudden, Ezra turned around and walked up to him. My head snapped in her direction so quickly, it gave me a whiplash.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You'll see." She simply replied.

When she reached him, he was gone. She stood there in confusion. I was equally as confused. What the fuck? Did he vanish?!

"Looking for me?" He questioned from behind us. We turned around.

"Gary, you-..." Ezra started.

He raised his hand with a dark expression on his face. "It's enough that you suddenly stopped talking to me when I just wanted a friend in a place where I'm supposed to fit in but I actually am not. Somehow everyone hates me, yet I thought you were different. You just disappeared. I don't know what rumors you've heard about me and I frankly don't care. Have a good day and leave me alone, you and your pathetic bitch of a girlfriend." He spat.

Ezra's eyes turned cold. She grabbed his arm as he tried to walk away. "Call my girlfriend a bitch again and you won't get to see the light."

He laughed coyly. "Bold of you to assume that there is any light. The worst is yet to come. You have seen nothing yet."

"What the fuck... Are you behind all of this?" Ezra said in disbelief, her eyes wide.

"I can't control spirits, Ezra... Think outside the box. Weigh out your options. Who other than you in this school, or outside of it, can control spirits?" He hissed venomously.

I was beyond confused. So Gary was innocent? What...

"Don't make me use the voice of truth on you, you sick psychopath. I know you're a part of this." Ezra snapped, glaring at him.

He chuckled darkly, his stare turning icy. "We'll see. Keep yourself on the lookout. You don't know who might betray you. It might be someone you've already encountered."