Chapter 29

Enid's POV:

Gary and I kept looking around for Ezra all day. She was nowhere to be found and it was now nighttime. So we decided to leave the school grounds and go to the forest. We didn't ask for permission and basically snuck out. It was relatively cold outside. There was a thick fog, making it hard for us to see far.

"Don't you have heightened senses?" Gary asked out of nowhere.

I nodded my head. "Then use them!" He exclaimed excitedly.

I realized that maybe I should've since the beginning. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on Ezra's strong aroma. I somehow was able to track her, even though her scent was very faint. I started running like a maniac towards the smell until I tripped.

I felt my ears and nose grow, my nose turning into a muzzle.

"GARY! I'M WOLFING OUT!" I yelled, my body growing and my clothes slowly ripping apart.

Gary ran towards me and immediately took off my jacket. I turned towards the full moon and howled.

And suddenly, I had turned into a werewolf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran and ran towards Ezra, her smell stronger than before. Maybe because, now that I was fully transformed, I was able to perceive it more strongly. I felt her closer.

And then, it all happened in a blink of an eye.

The Hyde was about to pounce on her and she had closed her eyes, expecting her life to end at this very moment. I swiftly jumped on him, tackled him and slashed his chest as he cried out in pain. Then I turned to her.

Her eyes were wide with shock. She was petrified.

"E-Enid?" She had whispered.

I huffed out in response and smiled.

"ENID! WATCH OUT!!!" She screamed out.

The Hyde had fought back and slashed my face. I growled and attacked back then motioned Ezra to leave.

She nodded her head and smiled proudly at me, filling my heart with joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hyde tried to run away as I had weakened him. But I kept following him. He ran towards a cave where I found all the Nevermore students battling against a swarm of evil spirits. And who was at the head of them? Sheila. That bitch...

I growled and was about to attack her face first until the Hyde stopped me and clawed at my chest, making me howl in my pain.

I didn't want to give up though. That's when a big rock was thrown on his body, projecting him back. I turned and found Gary with his palms extended.

"You've damaged him real good, huh?" He snickered.

I bowed my head to him as he petted me. Our little moment was interrupted by the Hyde rising back on his feet and pouncing at Gary. He was too quick. I tried jumping on his back, and I did, slashing his whole back with my claws. He screamed but that was not enough as he had already cut open Gary's whole abdomen.

Gary dropped to the floor as blood poured from his mouth. I whimpered loudly and ran to him, pushing him with my head to stand up and keep fighting. The vision can't come true. I won't allow it to happen.

I nudged him and he chuckled. "Go. End him, Enid. You're the only one who can." He said weakly as he stroked my fur.

I whimpered some more and sat beside him. He smiled, his typical crooked smile. "Thank you." He muttered.