Chapter 17

Don't forget to listen to the song <3 !

J-Cole – She Knows

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra's POV

I was over the moon. Words could not describe how happy I felt when I was around her. She made me happy, so fucking happy and I've never felt this way before. The closest to that would be when Elliot and I would go to the cemetery to have a picnic.

I woke up and found her in my arms, sleeping peacefully. She was wearing one of my sweaters and some shorts. I watched her chest go up and down softly as she breathed. I smiled.

How did I get so lucky to wake up with Enid in my arms, breathing so gently, her breaths feeling like the touch of a feather against my skin?

She stirred a bit in her sleep, buried her face in the crook of my neck and tightened her hold on me. I grinned as I gently played with her hair.

It was Monday, we had classes. She should wake up in a few but I didn't have the heart to do so because she looked so peaceful...

So what if we were a bit late anyway, right? It was Miss Thornhill's class, she would understand.

I ran my fingers through her golden locks and admired the silkiness of her hair and how soft it felt between my fingers.

"I use vanilla extract and cinnamon conditioner, if you're wondering." She mumbled groggily against my neck.

I chuckled. "Hey puppy!"

"Hey..." She muttered, squeezing me. I felt her smile against my neck.

"We're going to be late for class." I sang softly, kissing her head.

"Screw class. I just want to stay in bed with you." She said, giving me a small kiss on my jawline.

I laughed. "Come on. We should start getting ready and I need to talk to you about something."

She sat up straight with a worried expression on her face. Her hair was messy. She looked so cute. "Is everything okay?"

I gently stroked her cheek. "Yes of course, puppy. I just need your help with something."

She grinned and kissed my cheek. "Okay. I'm going to hop in the shower. Give me 15 minutes."

"10." I replied.

"15." She insisted with a glare.

I sighed. "Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we were both done, we still had 15 minutes before class started. So I sat her down on my bed.

I tried to look serious but she looked so precious with that worried look in her eyes that made her look like a puppy, biting her lip anxiously.

"Okay listen. Remember a few weeks ago when I came injured to our room?" I started. She nodded her head so I continued. "There's something fishy happening around here and the school is neglecting it and not talking about it..."

"Is it related to the possessed normie at the Rave'N?"

I hummed thoughtfully. "I believe there's a link, one way or another. Someone is controlling that Hyde and has unleashed evil spirits to attack... Well, I don't know who exactly, normies or outcasts, but I do know that there's an unknown purpose behind it. And I want to find out what it is."

"I see..." She said. "But what does it have to do with me?"

"I want you to be a part of this investigation with me." I retorted.