Chapter 8

Don't forget to listen to the song <3 !

Men I Trust – Show Me How

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enid's POV

I sighed. Ezra weirds me out sometimes, actually, all the damn time. I can never know what's going on inside her mind. And I don't think I will ever be able to. It's driving me crazy.

"Your roommate is..." Ajax started.

"Weird. I know." I continued while rubbing my temples. "Give me a few. I'm going to look for her, alright? In the meantime, leave."

"What?" He asked in confusion.

I gave him my typical charming happy smile. "I don't want to get in trouble for bringing a boy over!"

He grinned and winked. He's kind of cute when he does that. "Gotcha. I'll see you around, Enid." He quickly kissed the top of my head and walked out.

I grabbed my jacket and went out thinking: Where could Ezra possibly go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was almost lights out which meant that if I don't find her as soon as possible we'll be locked out of school and would have to sleep, well, outside.

At this moment, I wish I had my full werewolf capacities where I could follow her smell and find her. Wouldn't kill me to try though!

I closed my eyes and deeply inhaled, holding my breath in. I felt this little buzz inside of me, maybe it was the lack of oxygen, maybe it was the fact that I may have had a lead. When I opened my eyes, I knew where she was, I didn't know how I was able to know. But I did.

She was at the school's martyrs' cemetery in front of her brother's grave.

I followed her scent because somehow my senses were very much expanded. They led me to her. I didn't even bother to ask myself what it meant and why I was only able to do that when it comes to her. It would be a waste of time right now and I just wanted to find her, make sure she's okay.

There she was.

She was standing in front of her brother's grave, an unreadable expression on her face. I slowly walked over to her.

"The ghosts told me you were coming." She mumbled before I could say anything.

I laughed. "They seem to really know me."

She sighed and looked at me. For the first time ever, I could see the sorrow in her eyes, the despair, the outmost sadness. Usually, her eyes are inexpressive, void of any emotions (except for anger).

"Why did you come, Enid?" She asked.

I smiled. "Why did you run away, Ezra?"

She gave me a small smile. "That's quite a question I might give you an answer to later."

I grinned. "I'm going to try to be patient because you know how impatient I can get." I said jokingly.

She smirked. "Yeah, I do." Then she looked away from me, back to her brother's tombstone.

Elliot Marshall.

2003-2020

"Death only takes the ones who are brave enough to face it".

I stepped closer to her. It was getting kind of chilly, and I noticed she was shivering. Maybe closeness would warm her up inside.

"You want to know why I hate werewolves so much?" She said, interrupting my thoughts.