Chapter 15

Don't forget to listen to the song <3 !

The 1975 – fallingforyou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra's POV

When I woke up, I found a sleeping Enid on my chest. She was curled up against my body, looking very comfortable. I gulped. She looked so fucking adorable. How did we end up like this?

Then I remembered that we also almost kissed last night and after Yoko and Divina left, we talked for a little while and cuddle. I, Ezra Marshall, cuddled with someone. Enid should really understand how big that is.

I felt so conflicted. I did feel something for her, something very strong but right now, in that precise moment, I couldn't face it. So I just got ready and left without even bothering to wake her up. I know, that's not so cool but I was already late for class and if Enid could handle slacking off, I on the other hand didn't feel like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was walking down the halls, I was greeted with cheers and pats on the back and "congratulations" and "you saved the dance, zombie-girl". I felt... Well, nothing. I didn't care about all of that, I just wanted Enid to be safe. They could all rot in hell.

"Hey there, Miss 'Has Been Avoiding Me Since The Dance'." Sheila said from behind me.

I turned around and gave her an awkward smile. "Listen Sheila..."

She gave me a knowing smile. "No, you listen. You want Sinclair, I get it. She has this... Charisma, I guess? I don't see it though. I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes, to see what you see in her that I don't have."

"Well..." I started again.

"I'm not done." She interrupted me with a glare. "I do not approve you dumping me the way you did. And I need to clarify that you will regret letting me go. Now goodbye." She whipped her long brown hair and left, not giving me room to speak.

This witch was unbelievable. I will not miss her one bit.

"Hey Sheila!" I called her. She turned around with a confused expression.

"You enchanted me so I could kiss you, didn't you?" I asked.

She smirked. "For someone so dead inside, it seems like you have maintained the right amount of braincells." She laughed and I clenched my jaw. "Yes, I did."

I scoffed. "Oh! Proudly?!"

She laughed again. "Of course! I got what I wanted afterwards!" She winked and turned around to leave.

This time, I didn't stop her. I was utterly disgusted by her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was kind of hungry so I went to the dining hall to get myself something to eat. When I got in, I automatically scanned the room for Enid and found her sitting with Yoko and that dickhead Ajax. He spotted me from afar since I was in his eyesight, smirked and put his arm around Enid.

I clenched my fists and took a deep breath. Don't lose your shit, Ezra. He's not worth it.

I went to sit at my regular spot.

"You should go pursue your girl, Ez." James mumbled.

I gave him a side glance. "Yeah sure..." I muttered under my breath.

"You should or else he's going to make a move before you!" The ghost insisted.

Almost as if on cue, Ajax kissed Enid's cheek. Without even thinking twice, I dropped my sandwich and walked over to them, feeling smoke come out of my ears.