Chapter 11

Don't forget to listen to the song <3 !

Puma Blue – (She's) Just A Phase

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra's POV

The room felt so empty. I felt empty. The only source of happiness I had in my life was gone. I felt lonely without her. Hell, even saying her name gave me a burning sensation in my throat like I was about to cry. I hated that.

"You messed up big time." James said. I looked over at James. I felt down. I couldn't even disagree. I lay my head on my desk.

"Why did you say those things, Ez?" He added, sighing.

"I don't fucking know why." I snapped, angrily. But I knew I wasn't angry at James, I was angry at myself.

"You betrayed her, Ez."

"I know." I mumbled, feeling the tears in my eyes.

"You should find a way to redeem yourself." He said, walking around my room. "Like a gift or something."

"Where the hell can I get her a gift?" I asked.

"At any shop in Jericho!" He laughed.

I shook my head. I felt so low for what I did to her. I felt ashamed of myself. I promised myself that I would never hurt her with my words ever again.

"Fucking hell, James." I choked out, a sob coming out of my mouth.

"I know, I know..." He cooed. "But you know damn well that crying won't bring her back."

I kept sobbing though, I couldn't help it. I lost her.

I lost her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was still limping because of my calf and I didn't sleep the whole night because she was crying and I could hear her crying. So you can only imagine how I looked. Like a literal zombie. Guess the nickname zombie-girl suits me after all.

As I was walking to my Math class, I felt the nerves building up because Enid sat next to me in that class and our seats were assigned so we couldn't change them.

I always managed to arrive to my classes early. When I got in, she was already there, sitting in her assigned seat next to me. She looked at me, with a stare void of any emotions. I waved at her and gave her a small smile. She turned away and visibly gulped.

I sighed and sat down. Soon enough, the rest of the students came in and so did Miss Clare. I straightened up and got my math book and notebook out of my bag, only realizing I forgot my pencil case.

"Fuck..." I muttered. "Hey Enid." I whispered to her.

She glanced at me and that's when I noticed how tired she looked. It was obvious that she put some foundation to hide the bags under her eyes. She looked paler than usual. It broke my heart.

"Do you mind if I borrow a pen from you?" I murmured shyly.

She fished a pen from her pencil case. It was a pink one with a little fairy on top of it. I cringed a bit. But hey, that's Enid.

"You seem to not like it. Well, take it or leave it." She snapped, giving me a dirty look.

I gave her an awkward smile and thanked her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This class was hell. I could not stop sneaking looks at Enid and I knew she noticed that. I couldn't help it. Part of it was because of the guilt, part of it was because no matter what, my body feels connected to hers in ways I can never explain.