Chapter 3: Fallen Invasion!

-No One's P.O.V-

Morning came by, Diablo's group was called by Sylvie at the Guild because of something urgent.

Sylvie: Sorry for making you all come out here. I know you just completed a quest for us, but we have commissions specifically for Diablo.

Rem: A Commission for Diablo?

Shera: This isn't another trap, is it?

Sylvie: Ehehehe! This one's fine. After all, it's directly from the head of the Mage's Association, Celestine Bauldelaire, *shows the quest paper* and I personally received it from her.

Rem: From Celes?

Rem: From Celes?

Sylvie: Not to mention the reward's high for how simple it is.

Diablo: So it includes reparations for the incident with Galluk?

Sylvie: Well, I imagine that's true.

Rem: I won't be going.

Sylvie: Eh?

(Y/N): Why is that?

Rem: I don't want to owe Celes any favors. I wouldn't mind if it were a normal mission, but I'm not taking on a quest from her with an unnecessarily high reward.

Diablo (Takuma): (She's strict with herself.)

Shera: But honestly, this is a boon for us.

Leafa: Oh? Why do you say that?

Shera: That's because we don't have that much money.

Leafa: Oh...fair point.

Sylvie: It's a simple mission, so I think you'll be fine even if you're not all together.

Shera: *Turns to Diablo* What do you say, Diablo?

Shera asks while Diablo turned to look at Rem who had a conflicted expression.

Diablo (Takuma): (I guess I could split the reward we earn from this mission by paying Rem our lodging fee.)

Diablo thought to himself before speaking up.

Diablo: If you don't want to come, then stay here in the city by yourself.

Rem: I will.

(Y/N): Don't feel too down that much, Miss Rem.

Rem: *Nods* Mm.

Sylvie: Great! So you, Shera, (Y/N), and Leafa will be going, then? That settles it. I'm counting on you!

-Mini Time Skip-

(Y/N): So, our quest is to go to the Bridge of Ulug and deliver refreshments. Seems easy for us despite the high rewards from Celes for an easy quest.

Shera: I can agree with that!

Diablo: This really is a reparation...

Rem: Does Celes really think I'd accept this and take the reward for such an obviously simple quest?