Chapter 5: Bounty Hunting?!

-No One's P.O.V-

Rem: Preventing a war?

Sylvie: Yup? Assuming you don't want to hand over Shera. The Lord of Faltra City has received demands from the Elven Kingdom for Shera L. Greenwood to be handed over. The deadline is ten days from now, and they say they're not afraid to wage war if their demands aren't met.

(Y/N): What? Are they dead serious?

You asked with your eyes widened.

Sylvie: Definitely.

Sylvie says with a stern expression and this causes Shera to hug you to comfort herself and out of worry.

Sylvie: What will you do, Mister Diablo?

Shera: Greenwood is going to war with the Kingdom of Lyferia over with me?

Sylvie: At this rate, yeah. That's why the lord and I are both in trouble.

Diablo (Takuma): (Back then...Shera made her feelings known and clearly told them she didn't want to go home. They still haven't given up?)

Sylvie: That's why...We'd like you to work out a way to prevent this war, Mister Diablo. Okay?

Diablo (Takuma): (I absolutely refuse! How am I supposed to prevent a war?! Negotiate? If had the communication skills to do that, I wouldn't be struggling to keep faking this Demon Lord persona! That's something the people in power should figure out! But reality never works out that way. What should we do?)

Sylvie: By the way, Prince Keera from the Kingdom of Greenwood has put a huge bounty on Miss Shera.

(Y/N) & Diablo: (What?!)

Leafa: Excuse me?! Her own brother just put a bounty on her?!

Rem: Absurd. The reward is enough for a commoner to goof off for the rest of their life.

Sylvie: From now on, you'll never know when or where some imprudent adventurer will try to go after Miss Shera. You guys are better off not going outside at all.

Shera: That's...That's just...

Suddenly, everyone felt the swirling wind around the room. Everyone turned to look over at you and see that you had an angry expression.

(Y/N): Is Shera's brother that deaf or is he just stupid? Putting a bounty on his little sister? How insightful!

You exclaimed in a calm, yet angered tone.

Sylvie: W-Whoa, (Y/N)...!

Diablo (Takuma): (Goddamn...He's just angry as I am...)

Diablo thought to himself until Shera spoke up.

Shera: (Y-Y/N), please calm down!

Shera tells you out of worry as the wind around the area slowly dies down.