𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

By the time we got back to the gate, I was exhausted.  Not only from just dancing, but also moving around all over the stage.  Despite how tired we were, we all sat in our chairs, anxiously waiting for the results of our performance.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Soojin... ah she did just as I thought." Rain said. "She was a little stiff during her parts.  But her singing was good."

"She still has room for improvement." Zico added.

Wonder Kid smiled, "If she's this good right now, then she'll be really good when she improves."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

We all sat silently as the system started to announce our scores.  I tried having confidence in our performance, but my gut told me that we'd be eliminating people soon.

"Here is the test results."

I fidgeted nervously with the sleeve of my flannel as a score table appeared on the screen.

Randomly the scores were, 47, 70, 40, 66, 61, 58, 46, 75, 59, 67, 57, 65, 72.  I was mainly shocked by the big difference between the lowest and highest score.  I really just hoped that our average was just enough to get less people eliminated.

When the number 60 appeared on the screen, under the team score, I slumped in my seat.  According to that score, six people would be eliminated.  Looking around the room, I could tell how disappointed everyone was seeing the results.  Half of us were leaving for the Ground.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hesitated as I opened the door to the decision room.  As instructed, individually, we all went inside to check out scores and vote for who should go to the Ground.  When I clicked on the screen to start the voting a giant 72 popped up.

I covered my mouth in shock as I stared at it.  It didn't seem real for a moment, I got second place, just three points behind whoever got first.  I felt so relieved and happy that I got such a good score.  That all the work paid off.  Now I just had to hope that the other I-Landers saw that too.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Don't you feel relieved?" Heeseung asked Sunghoon, Jay, and I while we all sat together in the purple room.

"I'm relieved but also frustrated." Jay muttered, while hugging the pillow he was holding.  I nodded along with him.  We finally finished this stressful test performance, but it didn't pay off as well as we wanted it to.  And all we could do now was wait it out and see.

I sighed and crossed my legs, "What if I get sent to the Ground?" I mumbled, mainly to myself.  No one knew my score.

Sunghoon scoffed and punched my arm lightly, "You did well, give yourself some credit at least."

I shook my head, "We didn't." I said bluntly, feeling all my optimism leave, "You saw our score.  We thought we did well, but the producers clearly thought the opposite."

The room became silent after my statement.  It was true in my head, we thought we were prepared, but we weren't.  They were right, maybe.  We couldn't even decide on a simple dance move, or a leader, or a center.

Sunghoon closer to me, "I'm serious, Soojin.  You did good.  Even if we didn't do well, we still practiced hard.  We put a lot of effort in, it wasn't just for nothing." I nodded quietly and just leaned my head on his shoulder.