𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐇𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓

August 2021

"Okay, Soojin we're here." My manager said.

I nervously glanced at the MBC station.  Today was going to be my, technically not first day at Music Core.  We weren't filming the live show until tomorrow.  But today we were taking photos.  And I was made aware that MBC would film a behind the scenes. I haven't met the two other MCs yet. Jungwoo of NCT and Lee Know of Stray Kids. Two groups I'm a fan of. I was mainly nervous because I haven't had any MC experience. And Jungwoo and Lee Know most likely had more experience.

When I entered the studio, I saw Jungwoo doing his photoshoot already.

"Ah Soojin, I need to retouch your make up." My stylist said.

When she finished touching up my makeup, I still had some time. So I wandered around the studio.

I found a loft floor that was looking down on the shoot. I was slightly shocked to see Lee Know up here as well.

He noticed me, "Oh hello."

I quickly bowed, "Hello, sunbaenim." I said quietly, walking next to him, he was watching Jungwoo from up here.

Lee Know said hello back. "When were you born?" He asked suddenly.

"2002. December." I answered.

Lee Know laughed nervously, "Ah, so our maknae then."

It fell silent as we both just awkwardly stood there, watching Jungwoo do his photoshoot.

"Do you think he knows that we can see from here?" Lee Know asked.

I shook my head, "No. I never saw you up here until I came up... do you two already know each other?"

He hesitated, "Oh... yes." He shook his head, "No." we both laughed awkwardly. "Uh well, we know of each other.  Some of our group members are friends.  We have the same hometown."

I nodded, "Ah... where's that?"

Lee Know laughed, "Gimpo.  You?"

"Suwon-si." I explained.

"I heard that you were a former figure skater?"

I smiled nervously, "Yeah.  I stopped in 2020."

It quickly became an awkward silence again.

"Soojin, it's your turn." My manager said, walking up the stairs.

I nodded and bowed to Lee Know again, "It's nice meeting you."

Lee Know smiled, "It's nice meeting you too. Fighting."

As I walked down the stairs, I ran into Jungwoo, "Oh hello sunbaenim."

Jungwoo smiled, "Ah hello, Soojin. Is Lee Know up there?"

I nodded, "Yeah we were just talking a second ago."

That was the end of the conversation as my manager took me down to the photo area and they took my photos. I was even given the mic with my name on it, which was in a light blue color.

When my turn was over, all three of us got together. It was slightly awkward, but we all somewhat got comfortable with each other.

After the shoot was over, the three of us traded numbers and made a group chat and went our separate ways.

But before we did, the staff came to interview us, "How are you feeling about tomorrow's show, as a first time host and a rookie?"

I smiled, "I'm very excited, and nervous. It is my first time MCing, but I'm... confident. I hope that Music Core fans will support the three of us.  I want to make Saturdays fun and memorable for the idols coming onto the show and the fans watching.  And one day maybe, have a live show, of course when it's safe."