𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: 𝐃𝐞𝐜 25 2022

ENHYPEN'S Sunghoon And Soojin Reunited With Childhood Friends, Figure Skaters Cha Jun Hwan and Lim Eunsoo At The "2022 SBS Gayo Daejun"

December 25th, 2022 by D. Park

ENHYPEN's Sunghoon and Soojin are known for their past as figure skaters. They competed to high school until they decided to drop their careers as a professional skaters to pursue their dreams of becoming idols.  Ultimately joining the same survival show where they debuted together as two members of ENHYPEN.

When Olympic skater Cha Jun Hwan went viral for his season in 2022, as well as national skater Lim Eunsoo, many wondered if they ever still talked to Sunghoon and Soojin. After all, the four of them all competed together as children, and the four of them have idol visuals.  Soojin even said in her episode of SBS of Crayon in my Mind "She [Eunsoo] is the little sister I never had."

In 2022, the four were reunited at the 2022 SBS Gayo Daejun. They performed a special dance stage to BTS's "Black Swan," a fitting song for the elegant visuals.

Fans were overwhelmed to see the two together. Jun Hwan and Eunsoo in a way, represents the dreams that Sunghoon and Soojin let go as they moved down a different path. Sunghoon and Soojin could potentially have been as successful in skating as the Olympic skater. 'Black Swan' expresses one's fear for a loss of passion for their art.  In Soojin and Sunghoon's case, it was figure skating as they came to love performing and dancing even more. 

Many fans are happy to see the four performing together, reuniting for a brief moment after taking separate paths.