Ch. 8: Sports Festival Pt. 2

(You and Dabi began exchanging words for a couple of hours about your life situation and what the league of villains was about, until you mentioned about what occurred between you and Endeavor. Now, Dabi wants to speak to you about the situation regarding Endeavor)

Y/N: What is it you needed to tell me?

Dabi: Before I start, I want to introduce myself to you. My name, isn't really 'Dabi' as that name is an alias to mask my true identity. My true name, is Toya Todoroki.

(You become surprised at this, but find it a little difficult to believe, assuming Toya is dead)

Y/N: I would find that hard to believe, but I'll let you continue to convince me if you're still alive.

Dabi: Very well.

(You notice Dabi point to his face, indicating to you to place your hand on it and read his mind. You do this, and that's when everything is revealed to you about Dabi's true identity, and what he planned to do)

Y/N: I see. So you're telling the truth, Toya. Does your father know you're still alive?

Dabi: No, and I plan to keep it that way.

Y/N: Then you won't have to worry about a thing. I won't say a word to him about you. But still, I'm left with one question about you.

Dabi: What is it?

Y/N: Why did you try to kill Shoto?

Dabi: (Thinks before looking down) I don't know. Ever since father tossed me aside and picked Shoto to be his successor, I felt so much rage and envy boil in me. The fact that Shoto was lucky enough to have both fire and ice quirks out of the 4 of us siblings, all my training and all of that hard work to make my father proud, was taken away. I got upset, and wanted to end the life of my baby brother, only to end up being burned to death in the end.

Y/N: What happened after that?

Dabi: (Starts to tear) Nothing changed. Ever since my alleged "death" and everything after the horrifying event involving my case, father put all his focus on Shoto. I wonder if it was our dad who gave him that little scar on his face. Because when I snuck back home to see if my family was okay, I was met with my father who was beating Shoto. Like I said, (starts to sob) nothing changed! (Pounds his fist on the bar table) The only thing he ever cared about was being better than All Might!

Y/N: Hmm, I see. When I fought against your father, I saw everything in his mind. The things he did to you and the rest of his family, including Shoto. I wanted to kill him for that. I was willing to end his life on the spot for what he had done, but...

Dabi: But what....?

Y/N: Shoto stopped me. He mentioned father was trying to make himself 'better' in some way. Of course, Shoto was telling the truth, but Endeavor's method of bettering himself isn't good.

Dabi: So that bastard old man of mine decides to change himself, like he should've done before tearing our family apart? Making me feel unworthy to him?

Y/N: (Chuckles) I will agree with that. As for Shoto, I will tell you this. Please, don't take your rage and anger out on him.

Dabi: Well, why not?

Y/N: Because it's not his fault, and neither is it yours. After reading Endeavor's mind, I noticed Shoto giving his father a saddened expression, which I knew that Shoto never really liked the idea of being his successor. He didn't even want to train with his father. In fact, he wanted to spend time with his family, including you, Toya.

(Dabi was surprised to hear this, not realizing Shoto never wanted the life his father tried to give him, and even he despised what Endeavor had done)

Dabi: (Looks down) Maybe I was foolish to think Shoto wanted the life Endeavor tried to give him.