Ch. 16: Awakening Of New Powers

(Training begins for the students. Shoto was invited to train with Endeavor, along with All Might, Bakugo, Izuku, Ochako, and Monoma. Meanwhile, the Witch-King and Shag watch through the palantir, keeping a watchful eye on them. Realizing the beast attacks have failed, it was decided to send in Shag before the initial invasion)

Witch-King: Shag, I have decided a new task for you. On the third day, you will take your allies into their world to attack their children.

Shag the Sorcerer: Got it, my lord. This will be the perfect chance to tire them out too if need be. (Laughs)

--------------------

All Might: Now then, are you all ready to begin your first day of training?

Bakugo: I think we already have, until those disgusting fiends showed up and interrupted us!

All Might: (Smiles and thumbs up) Then it's time we resume our training session!

(Izuku and Bakugo train with All Might, while Shoto and Monoma train with Endeavor)

Endeavor: Alright, Shoto. I promised I was going to help you awaken your fire side, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do. (Looks to Monoma) As for you, since you can copy quirks, I'm sure you'll be able to copy my son's fire and ice quirk, to see if you can assist me with him, correct?

Monoma: (Smiling) Will do. Who wouldn't want the assistance from a superior student? After all, I'm one of the best in Class 1-B.

Shoto: (Sarcasm) Sure you are.

Endeavor: I would've taken you seriously if you hadn't run from Y/N during your fight.

Monoma: (Nervous) Well, I mean he was terrifying after all. I didn't think he was going to be that tough.

Shoto: (Chuckles) Still, you were at least better than Bakugo in some ways, yet he was the one who was brave enough to stay and fight him. Of course, he obviously lost, but Bakugo was well respected for his efforts. I don't know about you on the other hand.

Endeavor: Well, if Monoma actually stayed and assisted Bakugo, perhaps they would've stood a chance to beat Y/N.

Shoto: Trust me, dad. They wouldn't.

(Just then, loud explosions could be heard in the distance)

Endeavor: (Laughs) Sounds like Bakugo is having a bit of fun demonstrating his quirk. Now then, Shoto, let's begin.

(At this point, Shoto and Monoma begin working on their quirks. While some progress was made during training, Shoto seems to have some difficulty holding on to his fire side due to the trauma that still affects him to some degree. This causes Endeavor to be concerned about him)

Endeavor: Shoto, are you alright?

Shoto: (Looks down) Yes, dad. I'm- I'm not sure if I'll be able to master it completely.

(Endeavor begins to understand why Shoto is still having trouble using his fire side)

Endeavor: I see. It has something to do with me, right?

(Shoto then nods in agreement with tears slowly coming out of his eyes. Endeavor then walks up to him and hugs him)

Endeavor: (Smiles) Shoto, I want to ask you something. What made you use your fire quirk easily when you fought against Midoriya?

(Shoto then thinks about the things you and Midoriya said to him)

Endeavor: I do know you said something about me being non-existent, but I get the feeling even that wasn't the only reason.