Ch. 20: A Fierce Battle and Final Good-byes

(All Might is heading to the location. After hearing the roar of the balrog, he becomes worried)

All Might: (In his mind) I hope I'm not too late.

(Meanwhile, Izuku and the others are now standing against the balrog as he stands looking at them)

Shoto: (Scared) We have to find a way to bring that thing down.

Hawks: I would like to concur, but if what that enemy said was true, we won't have chance at that.

(The balrog manifests a flaming sword in his grasp, getting ready to attack. Then, he lets out a roaring sound loud enough to be heard by everyone at the UA)

Bakugo: (Getting nervous) This isn't good! We need to help stop that thing before he does any considerable damage!

Gaz the Ocker: But how exactly!? That balrog is a fiery behemoth!

Bakugo: Right, and I'm a walking dynamite!

(The balrog then charges at the group and swings his sword at Endeavor. Endeavor dodges the attack, but the attack's impact sends out a powerful shockwave, knocking him away)

Shoto: Father, are you alright!?

Endeavor: (Gets back up) I'm fine, but I get the feeling this thing's gonna be hard to put down. He has to have a weakness somewhere.

(The balrog then goes for another attack, and swings it at Twice. Twice effortlessly dodges the attack and avoids the shockwave, before retaliating by throwing a knife in his eye. However, the knife slowly disintegrates as if it was cremated by the balrog's fire)

Twice: (Scared) Well that's just great.

(Hawks then flies up shoots feather blasts at him, but they don't reach the balrog in time as his flames burn away the feathers before reaching him. Stain decides to give it a shot and jump high up in the air without being detected by the balrog and swings at his horn, but the attack proved futile as the horn remains intact, surprising Stain. That's when the balrog retaliates by swinging his arm at Stain, knocking him to the ground. The balrog then turns his attention to Hawks, and manifests a whip, swinging it at Hawks, catching him before slamming him to the ground)

Hawks: (Injured) Talk about horrible luck.

(Izuku then decides to fly straight into the balrog's face to land a punch at him. The attack seems to work, as the attack slightly pushed back the balrog. However, the balrog still remains intact as his face is unscathed. The creature then grabs Izuku, and tries to crush him with his hands. Izuku is now screaming in pain, as if every bone in his body is being crushed)

Shoto: Izuku!!!

(Shoto then sees an 'opening' in the balrog's back and decides to create a few large ice shards to hit it)

Shoto: I don't think fire will help against you, but maybe this will!

(Shoto then shoots the large shards at the opening area at full speed. Most of the shards melt in an instant, but the remaining ones land a hit. The moment the remaining shards make contact, the balrog lets out an awful roaring sound as if it was injured from that hit, releasing Izuku in the process. The shards quickly melts away from the intense heat, but Shoto then realizes that even the creature has weak spots)

Shoto: (Turns to Endeavor) He does have a weakness! There's openings all over his body!

Endeavor: Then it means we might have a chance to stop him!

(The balrog then manipulates his body to cover the weak spot that was struck, surprising Shoto and the others)

Shoto: That's not good!